2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Best Purchase Ever
By mjdevries on 02/24/09 18:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

Still An Awesome Truck After 3 Years
By Allan on 01/19/09 05:24 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used the truck for a variety of purposes including towing a travel trailer, offroading, commuting at times, traveling long highway distances, hauling building materials, etc. I haven't had any problems other than two factory recalls. One for the wiring harness at the back doors and the other for an A/C related component. The truck responds flawlessly to all of my needs and above all it feels like a truck, not a living room on wheels. Exactly what I wanted in this type of vehicle. Handling is very good and stable but need to be cautious around sharp curves because of higher 4x4 centre of gravity. Poor gas mileage. Don't drive it every day & can live with higher gas consumption.

Small Mistakes, Are Big
By Rey Vega on 01/12/09 11:49 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The windshield is a major small mistake. The wipers can not keep up with the snow and ice, plus they rip on icy windshield. The defroster is too small for the size of the windshield, and cannot keep the ice off. Also only the driver's side has a door key lock. This becomes a problem when there is a sheet of ice over the door, and only one door with a key lock. There is also a problem with all the door windows taking in water and/or ice and freezing, not to mention rusting from the inside out. Why are there metal air valve steams on the tires? They break! Other than that, mileage is not what is claimed.

Titan Exterior Paint
By jmc on 12/09/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like the truck overall, but hate the paint finish. I have experience circles of paint that randomly fall of the vehicle down to the primer. I showed the dealer these circles on the tailgate and they said it was rock chips. How do you get rock chips on a tailgate? When I use touch-up paint it eventually comes off again, so there is something wrong with the prep prior to painting. I had a Sherwin- Williams automotive paint specialist look at these and he agreed that the viods were not due to rock chips. This is a weakness in the vehicle that can hurt resale value.

Great Truck!
By Marc on 12/03/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this (XE Crewcab) w/11000 miles on it. Had an 05 Impala and wanted a truck. Looked at the other trucks, but once I drove this I was hooked! It's a fun truck to drive and own. Looks good, sounds good, and with the power available, it's FAST (love the acceleration, when you need it). The whole family fits in it comfortably and whats more, safely! I thought the bed might be too small, but with the tailgate down and the bed extension down I've hauled a queen size mattress set with no problem. A little hard on the gas, but as others have said "It's a truck", if I was concerned about gas I would have purchased another car. Overall, an excellent vehicle!

Everything I want, just excellent!
By Adroita on 12/01/08 20:56 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very satisfied with this truck after almost 3 years. Great power, smooth acceleration, reliable. Solid vehicle with a great ride and good road feedback. Suspension is excellent. Feels like a German car in truck form. I love it.

like the mean look and power
By joel29m on 11/01/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a Chevy man, but that Titan changed my thoughts. I got an 06 Titan, and can't wait to get up the next day to ride in style. I bought it in sept. 08 with 39,000 miles and could not leave it hanging. God blessed me with this truck because I thought I would never get one. I love the body style and engine performance. One main thing I love about it is that it sounds like it has dual exhaust when it doesn't. It's a gas drinker, but gas mileage is 99% better than my old 97 Chevy Tahoe!

Impressed
By Impressed on 10/13/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 06 Titan from the original owner who put 88,000 miles on it in 28 months. At first, I was hesitant to buy a high mileage 2 year old truck but after having it throughly inspected, I was more than confident in it's condition. Since day one of ownership, I have felt like a teenager with his first car. This truck is built with looks, reliability and POWER. I love the power rear window, dash, room and abundant storage. I recently added a 3 inch lift and dual exhaust. Grown men gather around my truck to gawk at it and listen to the roar of the engine. I plan on owning this truck forever. The engine is a little thirsty but with a V8, what do you expect? Buy this truck, it is worth it!

Great truck!
By Gary on 09/08/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this from original owner in Jan. of '08 with 22k. It's got 37k on it and it's been a great ride so far. No squeaks, solid as a rock, FAST, handsome and just plain fun. I get 16 mpg in town and 18-19 on the road. It's my daily driver, handles small truck tasks (hauling stuff, etc.) and the king cab works great to take my wife and daughter on trips. I have step rails and a bed cap - highly recommended. Put your luggage in the back and you're off!

2006 Nissan Titan
By Happy Owner on 08/19/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Coming straight from an 01 F150 supercrew with the 5.4L Titan, there is no comparison! Hands down this truck is the pinnacle of power, acceleration and comfort. I quickly found that people who only get 12~16 mpg are heavy on the throttle! It's got power, but jumping into that power from a stand still is costly. It's fun to drive because of the power.. but if you use that power (all the time), you'll pay for it at the pump. With normal driving, I can average 17~19.5 mpg. Hey..it's a truck. If I wanted 30 mpg, I would have purchased a car. This truck is a solid performer and I love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.