Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Awesome truck!
By Shawn

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck! Yes the gas is an issue but the power that this monster has makes you forget that! I did have an issue with the radio but got it taken care of pretty cheap. This thing is huge. The parking sensors definitely come in Handy. My wife loves driving it too as you feel like King of the road, no one will cut you off ever!

Favorite Features

I love the power and also the handling for such a big truck!

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage?

way cool
By super titan

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this truck is totally way cool, and very strong.this truck will beat the socks off the new ford , chevy , dodge, and toyota.trucks yes the 2010 domestics, my truck has a d.f. 10 single chamber racing muffler and it can be heard a block away, and it increased h.p by 23 and tq, by 11 ft.lbs the paint is very clean, the workmanship of this truck is 2nd to none period.

Favorite Features

the 4 wheel drive system and very nice ride. quality build.and reliability

Suggested Improvements

slightly better mpg but hey it's a truck not a compact.

Love and Hate
By Al P.

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the truck in April 2006 and since then have had a love/hate relationship with it. The power, towing and off-road capability are what I admire the most about this '06 Titan. There's plenty of room in the cab with seats supportive enough not to tire me out on 300+ mile drives. The quality of materials used inside have a cheap look and feel. Great fosgate sound system. Here's what I dislike about the truck. Factory tires wore out after one season, all brake components worn out after 10000 miles, can't replace relay switches singly: have to replace entire integrated power distribution module, alternator burned out at 28000 miles, some stitching coming undone on bucket seat.

Favorite Features

Power to spare. Excellent off-roader.

Suggested Improvements

IPDM unit. Rear differential. Interior build quality.

Great truck
By Steve K

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in 2006, and have loved it ever since. Had to replace the front rotors and brakes under warranty, so I'll be watching that, but otherwise, no problems. We drive it every day, but have tried to keep the overall miles low. This vehicle does it all - SUV, car, truck all in one with TONS of power. Gas mileage isn't great, but isn't much worse than many smaller SUVS. Blows the Chevy's, Fords, and Toyota's away in every category.

Favorite Features

Engine, Utili-trac bed system, interior room, stereo, the whole- works !

Suggested Improvements

Lighted steering wheel controls for stereo, trip computer (I have LE, and they should have included it in that package), but that's about it.

My Titan
By Shane V

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought an 06 LE Titan for my 17th birthday. It is one sweet truck. It came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system. I by far have the nicest truck of the school, and defenitly in the top 20 of this city. It has racing tires with 20's, and the heavy duty chrome package. I put some 40's flows on it, and my friends have nicked named the truck Screaming Demon. Gas just seems to be put on fast forward in it however. Its really hard crossing town or just cruising without someone wanting to race or feeling the need to rev their less superior engine.

Favorite Features

I like the stock system, it sounds very nice. I also like the power, and the initial set up in the cab. I also like the power back glass, and how the tail gate descends slowly. The rear compartment also comes in handy. Also the sound, it sounded mean before I put pipes on it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I really have to complain about is that I dont like that your able to control stereo functions from the back. also, the hump in the back middle makes sleeping uncomfortable, and I had to buy a custom speaker box to fit subs.