2008 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Rides/Drives like a 10 year old car
By Lady T on 02/12/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am in month 9 of my 24 month lease. I am not happy at all. I want to return this car. It only drove the first 1000 miles 'okay'. Before I even reached my first 1000 miles, I felt that the car's brakes didn't stop the way they should. My husband thought I was being paranoid but it kept driving funny. Finally, I decided to take it in by 3000 miles to get checked. I was told, "Oh, by the way, the brake master cylinder needs to be replaced. It has been recalled." No one ever contacted me saying this part, a major part for stopping the car properly, was recalled. I barely feel safe driving this car and I have to drive my children. I have taken it back and am still not satisfied.

Can't Complain
By Sabs on 02/01/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned 6 new cars in the past 4 years, with the Nissan Sentra being my 6th car. I got a more basic model. Granted this is no Toyota Camry or Infiniti G35x, it serves its purpose - a commuter car where I didn't have to dish out an extra $10K for a Prius and averaged 30.5 mpg (mixed city/hwy). For anyone who complains about the quality, the way I see it, you get what you pay for. You didn't buy a luxury car. Personally, I think this is a fun car to drive. It's the smallest car I've driven so far, but it has some good power and acceleration. If you are looking for a reliable car to get you from point A to B, then keep the Sentra in mind.

First Nissan
By Brent on 01/19/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is our first Nissan and we love it, will never go back to any GM cars. We have gotten 34.4 MPG on the highway and anywhere for 26-29 in the city depending on the time of year as we live in MN. The inside doors do scratch easily, but I got sick of spending $1000 for 3 different GM cars for replacing the head gaskets. GMC stands for good mechanic constantly. It has been a great car. We have put 17500 miles on it since November of 2007 and have not had any problems, I can't say that about the GM cars I have owned. The Nissan cars will go a lot longer with out ANY repairs compared to the GM cars.

I love my car!!
By Chris713 on 01/13/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the 'Saddle' leather, love the Rockford Fosgate system with integrated Bluetooth, love the performance. CVT requires 'learning' to get optimal fuel mileage. I get 28-30 city & 34 hwy. Original Bridgestones were only good for 20K miles but I expected that. All around, I love my car and I actually traded down from a Maxima. only 1 minor drag is that there's only 1 power outlet. WHY? It's a great car for the money. I've had ZERO problems and I've got close to 30K on the odometer. Couldn't say the same for my Max.

Truly Amazing!
By Speedbrds on 01/04/09 14:42 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had this vehicle for nearly 1 year and I'm just amazed how fun it is. When I'm in the feeling for some sporty driving, I push the "M" button on the center mount. I pretend the "M" button is from the BMW M3. This is my M3. When I drive to Vegas, I can easily achieve 120MPH and keep it there with little to no trouble. When driving in town, I try to challenge myself. When I accelerate, I try and keep the RPM below 2000RPM. Once I hit about 10 or 15MPH, the RPM drops and I push a little more on the accelerator and move quicker all the while keeping the RPM under 2000 and the gas mileage up. Opted for the keyless and sound pack. The stereo is unbelievable.

I like it better than civic and corolla
By ahsan24 on 12/31/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I drove all small cars possible in inexpensive brands, including civic and corolla. The car with a CVT runs smoother and quieter than corolla and civic. Handling is good, except at 70 mph vehicle rocks back and forth like a boat, i.e. head dips and tail rises. I use it for a daily commute vehicle and try to keep at 65 mph.

So far not too bad
By ken on 12/30/08 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Not a bad running car except for the engine being a little noisy and lack of pick-up unless you punch it. Exterior design is nice. The interior has a lot of room for a compact car along with a roomy trunk. All the controls are in good locations and are easy to get to. The display on the radio/trip info is large and very easy to see. The biggest problem I have had is interior rattles. First I had a problem with the drivers side window not closing correctly and causing a rattle. Even though it's been serviced 3 times for the same problem it still makes noise. The glass/plastic which covers the speedometer is loose and makes a lot of noise. Overall interior made cheaply.

Good car!
By Garnermike on 12/28/08 11:09 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

So roomy for a "sub-compact" car! Very smooth quiet drive. Lots of get-up-and go off the line, but the engine and CVT tell you they are exerting themselves (a little too much growl). MPG hwy has not topped 32; but the city mpg (28) is better than the EPA estimate for the car. For an entry-level car with a relatively tall profile, body roll on turns is not objectionable.

This Car is Dangerous!
By Thomas Kiminski on 12/27/08 07:01 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Winter arrived 8000 miles on the car, that's when the true problem came to life, the car was a accident waiting to happen, the car was impossible to control on the road, any ice or snow on the roads and you had to fight for your life to keep the car under control . We took the car back to the dealer and he said that the back tires were half worn out and he knew what the problem was, he changed the rear sub frames and torsion bar and said that he already changed these items on numerous Nissan Sentras and they were a factory defect, but Nissan will not cover the cost of new tires even though its their fault that they are worn out, Until these items are fixed THIS CAR IS VERY DANGEROUS

Nice little/big car
By SteveNJ on 12/17/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I purchased this car about 10 months ago now. We had intended on buying the Civic, but when we test drove the Sentra, it was a huge difference. The Sentra has a large interior for a "compact" sedan. The trunk is a nice size. The leather seats are quite comfortable. It has a very smooth ride and I like the CVT very much. The SL has all the features of a much more expensive car. I would recommend test driving the Sentra before deciding on a Civic or Corolla. We are very happy with our decision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.