Can't believe I almost DIDN'T buy this SUV
By madagogo on
2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have owned my Pathfinder Hybrid SL for over 2 months now, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. It is way more vehicle than I needed (that's why I almost walked away from getting it) but the dealer made me one of those offers that one would be stupid not to take...so I took it! Although the PF got only slightly better gas mileage than my old RAV4 in the beginning, I have discovered that I can get pretty awesome mileage around town by coasting as much as possible, not putting 'the pedal to the metal' so much, and turning OFF the climate control whenever possible!! The first nice-weather day we had here in NY this spring, I had the windows open and got 29.7 mpg!
Favorite Features
My favorite features of this vehicle are: the dual sunrooves - a smaller one that opens for the front seats and a larger vista one that allows light in to the back rows. LOVE getting great gas mileage (esp in such a large SUV 4X4) - takes regular gas (!), but also love the luxurious interior - heated leather seats both in front AND in 2nd row! Has all the bells and whistles I wanted and a little more. Has pretty nice pick up on the highway, too... esp. for a 4 cylinder engine (Supercharger really helps!), and handles well at higher speeds. Even my hard-to-please boyfriend admitted it is a really impressive ride!
Suggested Improvements
The engine is a little noisier than other SUV's I test-drove, but it's only as it's getting up to speed; once in cruise mode, it quiets nicely. For some guys who need a "fast" and "powerful" car, this Pathfinder would not impress them, but I bought it for the awesome gas mileage and the 4X4 capacity. I also wish Nissan hadn't "smoothed out" the exterior styling of the vehicle... I miss that sideways second row door handle that now the XTerra owns, and the beefy look previous year models have. I guess they are trying to make the PF more of a family vehicle, and allow the XTerra to be the rugged, rock-climbing vehicle of the Nissan family.