2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
2014 Platinum -excellent so far
By azawisza on 05/28/14 18:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had it for almost 300 miles now, but it drives very well. It is a great ride, super comfortable and loaded with features. If you spend the extra money and get the Platinum model with all the extra features, you will be happy that you did. Hopefully wont have any of the transmission issues, but looking forward to taking it on a road trip in the near future to see how it does for a long haul drive.

great car so far
By jefferson2 on 05/22/14 08:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this pathfinder back in Oct 2013 we have put over 15,000km on it and have had no problems up until after the first oil change and tire rotation.... since then its been making a loud noise and the faster we go the louder it gets it almost sounds like a lawn mower or weed wacker when we get up to 110-120km per hour!! if I put the car in N and rev it up I do not here the sound only when I am driving. I love this car but this noise is not cool I guess Ill find out what it is when it goes in today. other then that I have had not other issues other then the recalls which can be expected when you launch a new model, it always takes time to work out the unexpected bugs.

2 transmission since January 2014
By mhasabal on 05/07/14 09:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I will make it short. what's the point of buying a new car if i have to keep going back to service almost every other week? Nissan decided to change the transmission 2 weeks after i purchased the car cause of shaking problem. then again in April 2014 cause of the same problem. and now i feel i wasted over 30,000 on piece of junk. while driving on highway car is shaking vigorously. there are already 4 recalls on the car. I will never buy a nissan again.

The Worst Vehicle I Have Owned
By dman316 on 05/03/14 21:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Pathfinder SL in Nov. 2013. I have owned a dozen Nissans, all high quality and reliable. How Nissan could turn out a vehicle with so many complaints about the CVT Transmission is very disappointing. I feel betrayed and will NEVER buy Nissan again. They remind me of Detroit quality control in the 1980's. I will sell it asap. I have had it in the shop 5 times in 3 months for acceleration problems, shakiness, poor power range. I could go on, but why. I have read the complaints of others and know I am not alone. So if anyone reads this with Nissan, I hope you are satisfied at how much of your customer base is revolting against the product that endangers our families.

Love this car
By tykes on 04/26/14 10:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my 2014 SL 4x4 in Aug. 2013. I already have 21k miles on it. We bought this car for the incredible leg room and the towing capacity & we had previously owned a 2007 pathfinder & had no problems with it. At between 3k - 5k miles we did experience the shudder, took it into the dealer, they fixed it & we haven't had any problems since. This is a great car. Smooth ride, great features, love the leg room, good gas mileage, fun to drive, reasonably priced & we have had tons of compliments on it.

Presidents Day Bargain
By frozentone on 04/24/14 20:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We purchased our 2014 PathFinder SV on a very snowy presidents day. In the last few months we have logged almost 5,000 enjoyable, uneventful miles. This includes a road trip and numerous trips to sporting events hauling 4 kids, 2 adults, and 3 sets of hockey equipment. The ride is great, handling good, and acceleration smooth. So smooth that it is accelerating faster than you at first realize. Mileage has been very good, usually 22-23 in mixed driving (overdrive enabled, towing mode disabled for normal driving). I am looking forward to seeing how well it handles our boat. No shudders, or hick-ups, at all... Just enjoying the ride.

Just bought new SL with tech package.
By scottybpga on 04/08/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought a new Pathfinder SL with the tech package. I only have 400 miles on it so far, but it seems real solid. Great ride, quiet, and I like the seating position, which is very comfortable.

Avoid a 45K error.
By hp1236 on 03/04/14 07:07 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Plat with Premium options and the vehicle had 9 miles on it. I drove the vehicle 50 miles to my home and the next morning there was an i-Key system error or similar. A little later the check engine light came on. OBD code was P0850. I was told there was a fob programming but it turned out to be a shifter assembly part needed to be replaced. Needless to say, I had to bring the vehicle back to get it fixed. A couple of days later my wife was sitting in the passenger seat and I noticed the passenger airbag was off. Back to the dealer and I am told the seat was not calibrated. They fixed it, yesterday the issue with the airbag is back.

2014 Pathfinder SUCKS!!!!
By src2006 on 01/29/14 16:44 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought a 2014 Model from Micheal Jordan Nissan in Durham, NC in Oct. 2013! Was told by sales person that the transmission "sudder" issue was fixed on the 2014's. At 1500 miles the sudder issue started happening at around 20 MPH. Took it back they said needed a new transmission. Work with Nissan corp. for 2 weeks and they would not give me a new vehicle or my money back!! Would anyne in their right mind want a brand new SUV with 1500 miles on it with the transmission already replace? DON'T THINK SO!! I'm stuck with this piece of crap because can't trade it and will lose $6000.00 on it and differently can't sell it. Nissan stinks and NEVER AGAIN will I buy another one!!! Honda or Toyota!!

2014 Pathfinder with transmission and brakes issues
By astridmp on 01/07/14 20:10 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Hello, I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder in october 2013 and the following day it started shuddering at around 20mph and the steering wheel would start vibrate at 50mph. Then I had a weird feeling when using the brakes and they told me it was normal I told Nissan, they did not mention the issues the 2013 model had... I had to find out by myself online...I should have done my homework before... I also noticed a loss of power when accelerating and the gas mileage is between 15 and 19 after driving it for 3 months. I received a recall notification a few weeks ago for the barkes and my car is going to the shop again tomorrow. I had to fight to get a rental car while they work on it...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Suv in VA is:

$153 per month*