2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Excellent SUV
By robhockey on 03/29/13 04:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Platinum about a month ago to replace my aging 2004 Volvo XC90. We just returned from a 1,000 mile round-trip to Canada and the ride was comfortable and quiet. First thing I noticed is that there is definetly more room in all 3 rows than the Volvo. Navigation was great, along with techno-goodies, like bluetooth audio, Sirius/XM and the tire pressure monitor. MPG improved from 22.5 to 24.5 for the return trip home. After a couple of months of research, what you are basically getting with the Platinum is an Infiniti JX35 minus the softer leather and lane departure warning. Here in Northern NJ, the difference was $9,000 so the my decsion was easy. You will not be dissapointed

Transmission problems
By sygriff on 03/26/13 16:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I would not recommend the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Wait until they get all the bugs out. I started having problems with the transmission a few days after buying the Pathfinder. Took it back in to the dealer but they could not find anything wrong with it. A month or so later I get a recall notice about the transmission. Went in for the "fix"...and it began acting up on the way home, which means the"fix" did not work. I live 1.5 hours from the dealership and I am taking it in for the third time after the recall "fix". Dealership never can find anything wrong with it, but they only drive it around the block...no wonder. Very, very disappointed and now stuck with it.

Transmission issue
By ndun on 03/09/13 12:35 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I noticed that every time i step on the gas from stop the car feels like auto transmission shifting/jerking and the RPMs drop suddenly from about 3500 to 2500. The dealer is saying that it's normal but I don't trust them. Does someone else experience the same jerking problem? Also it's a shame that the car doesn't have Blind spot monitor. All competitors have it.

2013 Pathfinder - Navigation Monitor Black-Out In Less Than 24hrs.
By beu5200 on 02/27/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

!!BUYERS BEWARE!! -I purchased/picked up a brand new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum on Friday, 02/22/2013 at about 8:30pm, thinking that it should be the best car for me and my family. On Saturday, 02/23/2013 at about 7:00pm the navigation monitor black-out. Meaning, all infotainment, entertainment, GPS, and many other computer controls are all non-operational. I'm now very doubtful to continue to drive this car. Who knows what other problems will rise next. I even called up Nissan Consumer Affairs and they are helpless. Nissan corporate just don't care for their consumers. I'm now without a car to drive for 3 days and another week in pending, or possibly longer. I'M SCREWED by NISSAN!!

Traded 08 Subaru Outback for a 13 Pathfinder
By highlands1 on 02/21/13 19:02 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded up to a Pathfinder SL Premium for more size and more power over the 08 Outback. Love the power and don't feel the speed with the quiet ride & lack of shifting gears. I really needed the extra space in the rear more than third row seating, but it's handy when the office goes out for lunch or on a site visit. The extra shoulder & hip room is appreciated! I got the arctic blue metallic - a darker medium blue - with black interior. I'm driving in the mountains on open, winding country roads, getting 20-21 mpg. Got the car for $300 under Invoice plus Kelley Blue Book value on our trade.

Not happy and here are the reasons
By kamalimla on 02/16/13 07:24 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought Nissan Pathfinder 2130 SL Premium a month ago and now I have 1000 miles on it and here is my experience. 1. Audio over Bluetooth is supported only in cars with Nav. Stupid because you get this option in $100 CD players this days. 2. After driving 40 to 50 miles, heater blows cold air. 3. Belt sign on the dash board even there is no one on the passenger seat. I hate to see red signs on my dash board. 4. When start Front defrost, AC gets turned on with it which is understood. When turn off front defrost, AC does not go off itself, it has to be turned off manually. This is not a big deal but if you have to do this twice a day like me, it bothers.

Knocking Sound
By hth3 on 02/16/13 00:06 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the 2013 Pathfinder SL on 11/26/2012. I started experiencing the knocking sound when accelerate the vehicle. I took it in to service, but the Technician could not hear it very well because it was snowy day with road noise. He told me to take it back at another time. I am planning to take it in again on my first oil change. It has about 1700 miles on it now. The car already had the Transmission Control Module re-programmed. I traded my 2011 Altima to Toyota and traded my 2011 Quest for this new Pathfinder I thought I gave Nissan another chance, but so far very disappointed. If they can't get rid of the knocking sound, I will get rid of the car in 2 years or before it's out of warranty and of course NO MORE NISSAN.

Enjoying first SUV
By dawn388 on 02/15/13 10:58 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

So far I am enjoying my first SUV. Very good ride, interior and space for my needs. It's actually a little more space than I really need. Everything is easily accessible. The gas mileage is very good. I've had it three months and no problems to date. I bought the SL Premium edition. I read a few complaints here. Unfortunately, every vehicle will have some glitches -- no matter what the make. There's no perfect car. I've owned Hondas, Pontiacs, Chryslers, Mitsubishis and Nissans and there wasn't a perfect one in the bunch.

Smooth ride and fun!! Great family vehicle!
By kitten75 on 02/12/13 15:32 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very comfortable ride, love the new design. Fun to drive and very spacious. All that you would want for an SUV.

Nissan Fan Turned Sour on Quality
By jk2013 on 02/11/13 18:50 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

"I was a big fan of the Nissan product having owned a 2010 maxima, I was very disappointed in the quality of the 2013 Pathfinder. Within the first month I have had front headlight burn out, leaking windows, Parking sensor warning lights and more importantly transmission issues with the newly designed CVT, producing rumbling noises and providing sluggish performance/delays at low to mid city driving speeds. Dealer will not take the SUV back as they claim that it would be considered a defective product and could not sell it. Kind of funny as Nissan had no issue selling me a defective product in the first place. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE...AT LEAST 2013 YEAR!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder in WA is:

$192 per month*