2008 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Review: A pleasant surprise

2008 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Review

A pleasant surprise
By Quia on

2008 Nissan Pathfinder S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo S for my '08 Pathfinder so right off the top I was immediately impressed. The exterior styling is commanding yet sleek; great ground clearance; and I was pretty pleased that the hitch was standard on the one I bought. I've seen some Pathfinders around with these weird contoured pinstripes, but mine doesn't have that fortunately. Even for a base model I was pleased with the remote keyless entry, power windows, locks and tint. It rides much smoother than my Rodeo (and the Lincoln Aviator and Acura MDX which I've driven), but not quite as nice as the Lexus GX470. The rear seats are a bit tight, but we just put the kids back there anyway.

Exterior styling, good storage, fold flat rear seats, smooth ride, tight turning radius, fair fuel eco for an SUV of that size (I average 18 mpg)

Doors do not auto-lock when moving, rattling and LOUD wind noise when rear windows are the only ones lowered, the doors open a bit too wide and it's a stretch to close the door every time, tailgate lifts too high to open in garage; transmission "thunks" loudly when changing between gears (P, D, R)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review