2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Nothing compares to this
By jjy520 on 12/06/04 21:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased few days ago and words just can't express what this SUV actually is... You've got to have one to believe! I wish I had the DVD entertainment but couldn't find one with it in the color I chose: Avalanche.

05 nissan pathfinder SE
By Hunter on 12/06/04 01:34 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a storm gray 05 pathfinder SE with comfort package so far loving it! My wife and I were looking at the 4runner and highlander but the pathfinder had everthing we were looking for performance, rugged looks and comfort. Looks similar to the armada, My friend thought it was a smaller version of the armada.I think nissan is starting to over take toyota in performance. This is my first nissan, I owned 2 toyota tocoma extracab in my lifetime which were great trucks with great quality, nissan looks like they are moving up with the 05 pathfinder! Lets see how it will do in 05!

Loudest SUV of the bunch
By No more Nissans on 12/05/04 05:46 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Liked the styling and price. Owned a 2001 Pathfinder drove 67K trouble free, quiet and solid miles. Sorry I traded it in. I've had the new Pathfinder 1 day and it is the loudest car we've owned in decades. Engine and road noise are annoying. The car needs more insulation. Sounds like a 4-wheel pick-up. Nissan better hope no one asks our opinion of the new car.

Great Mid-Sized SUV
By JAmiot on 12/05/04 00:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new 2005 Storm Grey SE, 4X4 Pathfinder impresses me with something new every time I drive it. The smooth and powerful drivetrain, quiet ride, well-thought out interior features make for a quality SUV with "lots of bang for the buck!" The fit and finish is top notch and I predict this vehicle will be a big hit. People need to look at this ride before buying a new mid- sized SUV before they make a mistake and buy the wrong vehicle and pay too much.

Best Pathfinder Yet
By Gary Ferrero on 12/02/04 16:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming off previous model as well as two Grand Cherokees, this is by far the best mid sized SUV value out there. The stroked VQ engine is awesome, power at all RPM ranges and noticeably more torque than its predecesor. Ride is firmer but the truck is quieter and although a bit choppier still a great pleasure to drive. Added heft is definitely a plus on slippery roads and this combined with addition of the AUTO mode make truck more surefooted. Build quality is, as with all Nissans, incredible as this is a real truck that doesn't really know it. Not one shake rattle or roll from this baby, rock solid. Kudos to Nissan for upgrading and improving an already great vehicle.

Smooth Ride
By FreshSmile on 11/30/04 00:50 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third pathfinder. All have been virtually bulletproof in reliability. Just came off of a painful Odyssey tranny problem, this will hopefully be a breath of fresh air. First off the truck is tight driving. All components feel very solid and first rate inside and out. Bose 9 speaker system with sub is music to my semi-audiophile ears. I've had the oportunity to use it in some snow and can hardly get the tires to slip in 2wd with the anti slip system enabled! Haven't needed to put it into 4wd yet. The engine is something special. The torque is what impressed me initially, very nice off the line with a deep throaty growl. Most importantly: My wife and kids feel safe.

Awesome SUV
By DebbieS on 11/26/04 23:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, great pick up power as well as high speed power, this SUV will get out of it's way if need be, no concerns there. Loaded with extra features, lots of room for all the extras with a large family. Mileage could be better. Overall would buy again in a heartbeat!!!

"Going through a transition"
By canteengreen on 11/24/04 02:31 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Going from a front wheel drive, 5-manual, german sedan to the Pathfinder was quite a leap for me. So far, this vehicle has made the transition as painless as possible. I'm enjoying it so much that I took off a few days of work, just to spend some time on the road. Unfortunately, it's been raining the whole time!

Pleasant Surprise
By Mr Blue on 11/23/04 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I found the 2005 Pathfinder to be much more than the vehicle to tote the groceries and luggage. I thought I was purchasing a utility car that my wife and I could use to move things including our three year old daughter and her crew. I've found myself grabbing the keys to go out on the town or to buisness meeting leaving our very nice luxury car at home. It has the power and gets gas mileage that I can't complain about. And it has enough space where I can sit comfortably and drive without cramping the passenger behind me.

nissan pathfinder armada
By justin lozada on 11/17/04 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent suv very comfortable and plenty of leg room.