Used 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Like my PF LE but...
By Kinta

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Love the size of the PF as it's l&w are comparable to most midsize cars. Acceleration is good. Steering is secure. Handling great with the AUTO feature. Fun to fishtail in RWD mode. The interior is better than other non- luxury SUVs. It gets bouncy. Some squeaks and rattles, but most fixed. Nissan Customer service is poor. Consider a 1 year old Infiniti, especially in LA, where name plates count. Also the warranty is 1 year longer and the service is excellent

Favorite Features

Interior is luxurious. Not ubiquitous. Good off roading ability for a unibody chassis. Love my 17" 6-spoke rims.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should make their cars looks different when rebadged as an Infiniti. It could be one reason why Lexus and Acura have generally been more successful. I believe they are getting the picture with the Z and the G.

Love my PATHY
By PATHY

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Went with the Pathfinder for numerous reasons. Specifically- the reliability, resale value, looks, features, price and safety rating. Trailblazer-- yeah more power, but cheaply made-- Forerunner- yeah higher ground clearance, but overpriced and everyone has one. Price --got a Loaded LE with a few extra options for 31,9- thanks to edmonds online dealer invoicing. SAfety -- got numerous high ratings in many areas Resale value-- Have you looked in the paper for used Pathfinders? Very few and far between- b/c their owners love them so much.

Favorite Features

4X4, Bose System, Moonroof, heated seats, 17 wheels, cruise control, and steering wheel controls, looks acceleration, handling, suspension

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage-

Great SUV
By johnmorfd

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the vehicle on the first of February in 2002. I have found the SUV to be quite powerful on acceleration. The suspension is very tight with no road rattles or squeaks to be heard. Of course there is a small amount of road noise due to the 17 inch agressive tires. I found the exterior paint to be flawless. This was not true of the 2 Hondas that I own. The interior was just as nice.

Favorite Features

The great Bose entertainment system with most controls accessible on the steering wheel. The driver seat is programmable for 2 people which makes it nice for multiple drivers. I also enjoy the auto lights which come on when it get dark.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that need improving on this vehicle is that the inside bolts that hold the seats in place should have been covered so that they could't be seen. The rear leg room is not too good for anyone over 6 feet.

Natedog loves his Pathfinder
By Natron

2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My first new automobile, and I went with the Pathfinder. I fell in love with it the first time I test drove it. I love everything on it, the interior, the conservative yet classy styling, and most of all the realiability. My dislikes are the pricetag for the LE wich I got, and the brakes seem a little jumpy. I looked at a lot of SUV's, but like I said this one by far was the best. It seemed like the Nissan dealer wouldnt go down much on price as would the Chevy dealer or Ford dealer, I guess the car sells itself.

Favorite Features

pretty much everything

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy, and my brakes are started to get a little jumpy.

Great Nissan!
By cecep

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I brought my nissan used with 22000 miles on it and its been trouble free great power averge fuel economy and styish SUV! BUY ONE!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

3.5L DOHC 240hp V6, Sunroof, suede seats

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper price, more rear leg room, fuel enomonmy