Used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Pathfinder

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

99.5 Pathfinder 217k miles no problems
By Ryan

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

I own the 1999.5 Pathfinder base model XE and it's a great vehicle hands down. Just exceeded 217,000 miles and I've never had a problem - ever. I do take care of it however. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 6k miles. I change the trans. fl. every 33k miles. I replace all seals, the water pump, the oil pump, timing chain, etc. (Nissan's recommended maint.) every 100k miles. I have the brakes checked every 60k miles. The engine still runs like the day I bought it (I've been the only owner). Interior has held up well- but pass. window is real slow. Exterior still looks good- never been garage kept and I hardly ever wash it. For the abuse I've put it through, a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Reliability, hands down. Also, I think it is a very attractive SUV, even at 11 years old. Interior is nice, and exterior still looks great.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint would be wind noise while driving - it's not bad, but I've ridden in other cars (and trucks!) that are much better. And, if I had to nit- pick, I'd say make the cabin more spacious (which I believe Nissan has done on the newer models). The room is good, but could be better.

nissan 2000
By jt

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

Ours is a plain Jane XE. Bought it new - now has 144,000 miles. Timing chain and waterpump@105k new struts@130k. Some brake work - forgot just what. Transmission serviced, oil changed each 3000 mi til 99k. Now using Mobil one 15,000 mile oil -changed each 10k - doesn't seem to burn any. I'd drive it across country tomorrow.

Favorite Features

I increasingly something in this world that does what it's supposed to do. It looks near new, and it just keeps on keeping on - never fails, always ready to go. It isn't pretty, but we knew that when we bought them.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank & better mileage.

more motor please
By suasma

2000 Nissan Pathfinder XE 4dr SUV

very well build automobile. not a problem worth telling, but needs either more power or better fuel economy. if its going to be slow it shouldn't get this bad of gas economy.

Favorite Features

very quite

Suggested Improvements

more power