2012 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Very happy with my Murano
By lefty54 on 05/30/13 19:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I looked at the Enclave and Acadia. I looked at the Equinox and Terrain. I thought about the Forrester. But at the end of the day the Murano was the best of the bunch. I wanted a quiet vehicle and I wanted a smooth ride. The Murano is whisper quiet and smooth as silk. The Nissan V-6 is a proven engine and highly regarded. I highly recommend the Murano.

2012 SL AWD with Navigation
By vancouver83 on 01/04/13 21:47 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoy the ride of this car. We went to upstate NY in a snow storm and the car did very well. Overall driving is very smooth. I miss the additional power my Maxima had eventhough they share the same engine.

Excellent Crossover!
By bronco38 on 08/24/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving several Crossovers like a Buick Enclave, GMC Terrain and a few others we drove this and loved it. It has a great response and handling and the interior is well put together, fun and sophisticated. It has a lot of technology built in it and it is all user friendly too. Strong engine and we look forward to having a lot of fun in it for a long time

The best mid-size SUV/Crossover I drove
By dhb68 on 06/12/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove several mid-size SUV/Crossovers and the Murano was not even on my radar because of it's "moon mobile" looks although I had read great reviews on Edmunds and CR. After a very uninspriring test drive of a Highlander Limited I decided to stop at the Nissan dealership next to the Toyota dealer and give the Murano a spin before heading home since I was already there. That changed my impression of the Murano immediately! Get behind the wheel of one after trying out all of the others and you'll understand why Murano owners are loyal. The interior is on par with an Infiniti and the driving dynamics are wonderful. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it. Love the smooth CVT!!

Not what we exoected
By jmartinco on 03/30/12 07:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bottom line, here's what we're disappointed with: Leather seats are nice, but stiff and not comparable to the comfort in Volvo, BMW, VW or Lexus. Very noisy cabin...as bad on the highway as the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe we were replacing. The rear view is definitely compromised...and seems dangerous. Exterior design sacrifices size for a sleek look, making it more difficult to park and maneuver than it should be. Navigation not user friendly. Dealership didn't give accurate info about the pricing incentives, making us decide on this vehicle prematurely. MPG disappointing. Would we buy it again? No way.

Comfortable and Elegant...
By halwg on 03/22/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2012 SL AWD in December 2011. I now have a little over 3 months on the vehicle and I'm very pleased. The vehicle is comfortable, powerful, and the CVT is extremely smooth. Fit and finish is very good, and the utility of the vehicle is much better than my 2005 Maxima.

Glad I buy this
By k100fun on 12/16/11 11:51 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm in the market for a Mid size crossover SUV, and end up purchase this lovely model when I nail down between the Lexus RX350 and the Murano. I select the SL model for the leather and the power lift gate. The main reason that I choose this model is the handling and performance. Suspension is stiff enough to handle the curve and it maintain reasonable comfort riding. Nissan do a good job on balancing the suspension for handling & comfort. 3.5 V6 is powerful and I get about 19.5 Hwy with average speed of 70-80. The CVT transmission is one of the best in the market. You feel no gear change at all, just silky smooth. I bet you will get spoil and won't go back to a traditional tranny again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$135 per month*