Used 2012 Nissan Murano SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2012 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Very happy with my Murano
By lefty54

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I looked at the Enclave and Acadia. I looked at the Equinox and Terrain. I thought about the Forrester. But at the end of the day the Murano was the best of the bunch. I wanted a quiet vehicle and I wanted a smooth ride. The Murano is whisper quiet and smooth as silk. The Nissan V-6 is a proven engine and highly regarded. I highly recommend the Murano.

Favorite Features

The V-6 is great. The CVT is so smooth. The bluetooth pairs with my iphone perfectly every time. The seats are very comfortable and the Murano is very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing.

2012 SL AWD with Navigation
By vancouver83

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoy the ride of this car. We went to upstate NY in a snow storm and the car did very well. Overall driving is very smooth. I miss the additional power my Maxima had eventhough they share the same engine.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the ride, technology features easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom, option to have the SL and LE without the sunroof (adds 3 inches of headroom)

Excellent Crossover!
By bronco38

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving several Crossovers like a Buick Enclave, GMC Terrain and a few others we drove this and loved it. It has a great response and handling and the interior is well put together, fun and sophisticated. It has a lot of technology built in it and it is all user friendly too. Strong engine and we look forward to having a lot of fun in it for a long time

Favorite Features

Response and pick-up. Bose speakers and sound system Nav system handling

Suggested Improvements

Better visability in the rear

The best mid-size SUV/Crossover I drove
By dhb68

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove several mid-size SUV/Crossovers and the Murano was not even on my radar because of it's "moon mobile" looks although I had read great reviews on Edmunds and CR. After a very uninspriring test drive of a Highlander Limited I decided to stop at the Nissan dealership next to the Toyota dealer and give the Murano a spin before heading home since I was already there. That changed my impression of the Murano immediately! Get behind the wheel of one after trying out all of the others and you'll understand why Murano owners are loyal. The interior is on par with an Infiniti and the driving dynamics are wonderful. The more I drive it the more I appreciate it. Love the smooth CVT!!

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finish. Have grown to appreciate the exterior styling. Road and wind noise are muted and it is a very quiet ride. Handling is excellent. Absorbs road irregularities for a smooth ride. Seats are sublime, very comfortable and supportive. CVT is buttery smooth and responsive. Gas mileage is not too bad... get 25 mpg Highway and around 22 mpg in mixed driving. Very roomy back seats and nice that they also recline.

Suggested Improvements

LED daytime running lights should be standard... they are an expensive dealer installed option. I opted for the NAV package so I could get bluetooth audio... shouldn't have to get a Nav package for a $40,000 vehicle to get bluetooth audio in 2012.

Not what we exoected
By jmartinco

2012 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bottom line, here's what we're disappointed with: Leather seats are nice, but stiff and not comparable to the comfort in Volvo, BMW, VW or Lexus. Very noisy cabin...as bad on the highway as the 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe we were replacing. The rear view is definitely compromised...and seems dangerous. Exterior design sacrifices size for a sleek look, making it more difficult to park and maneuver than it should be. Navigation not user friendly. Dealership didn't give accurate info about the pricing incentives, making us decide on this vehicle prematurely. MPG disappointing. Would we buy it again? No way.

Favorite Features

Nice looking vehicle, interior quality is good.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign rear windows. Redesign exterior. More user friendly navigation and control center. Rethink seating comfort and design in LS, Improve MPG. Improve drive quality and reduce cabin noise.