2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Perfect so far..........
By rp65 on 09/17/13 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima with only 2k miles on it and currently have over 90k without any problems. The only thing I have replaced are the brakes and still have the original tires on it but I wouldn't recommend going that long on them. It has never let me down and I can't say anything bad about it.

Drastically poor milage
By rj3016 on 01/24/13 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 Maxima brand new. Since day one I have no gotten better than 17-18 mpg combined. At first the dealership told me it was winter gas. Winter gas? You have to be kidding me. I agreed to drive it till spring. Well, spring gas, summer gas made no difference. Still I amm only able to squeeze out 17.8 mpg. Took it to the dealer to find out why. The service manager said and I quote "we can check it but I don't think we will find anything wrong. That's just what those cars get" They checked the car and of course said they didn't find anything wrong. I drive 150 miles a day all highway. The best I can get is 18.8 mpg. This car SUCKS! Never again. My Hummer get 18 mpg!

Great!...not near the issues others have had.
By wtgkb8 on 02/13/12 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car with 5 mi in late 2007 for $6k off MSRP. Have only replaced RR wheel bearing at~68k miles(under my warranty). Other items have only been normal wear items such as battery. Have only done regular maint. at home, with the exception of the trans maint. at dealer at around 60k miles. I could have not asked for any better car regarding reliability. Run purely 91-93 oct. fuel, and get 18-20 city, 25-28 hwy mpg since day one! I was skeptical with the CVT at first, but I don't think I can go back to a regular auto ever again! Throttle response is immediate, and the car learns your driving style regarding to trans and throttle reactions. Ready for 2012-13 model to add to or replace.

Very dependable, stylish and fun car to own
By kscommuter on 09/17/11 20:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car new in Dec 2006 and have enjoyed it every single day I've had it, and I've driven it a lot -- 115,000 miles so far and I plan on keeping it easily until it has 300,000+ miles on it. Have always had it serviced at my Nissan dealership religiously; the car has been extremely dependable and very light on the pocket book; only needing brake work and tires replaced as you'd expect. Continental ExtremeContact tires are great on this car; they make it ride like new. Besides being a work car, we use this car for all our long trips to visit family (500+ miles each way) and always feel decent at the end of the drive. Last but not least, this car has excellent "get up and go"!

Not What I Expected.....
By kcire10 on 09/12/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2007 Maxima SE new and I've had nothing but trouble from the start. Had it for almost 5 years and I've had to get the AC compressor replaced, the motor mounts, belts (because of the compressor), and hoses for the AC. I also have trouble every now and again with the keyless entry. Plus, you pay an arm and a leg for 30,000 mile services ($600+). This is my first and my last Nissan. I should have bought a Honda!

Nice Car
By Roger Chambers on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, this car is a good car. Two years and 60,000 miles later I can say this is a pretty sturdy car. If you're expecting BMW/Benz/Infiniti quality then you'll be disappointed. This is one of the best cars one the more affordable side of the pocket. Pros: A lot of power, easy maintenance (oil change and big services). I enjoy the IntelliKey system. The turn illumination is also really nice. Cons: To experience the power is lose a lot of gas. The build seems flimsy (but is still deceptively sturdy). The car gets the job done and is a nicer way to get from point A to point B than many alternative.

Great car, some reviews not too fair
By mrjosephmama on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car new in 2006. With more than 75k on the odometer, I have no complaints about the car. I have driven it several times across country in the seat for 16 hours. Driver fatigue was low and comfort was excellent even for that long. Some other reviews I have read complain about gas mileage, premium gas required, gas tank size etc. Not to sure if they did their research but these aren't flaws. It's like complaining that a Corvette has too much power. Do you research because this isn't an "economy car" its a sport sedan. 28 MPG on the highway and 21 mixed which ain't too bad. If you bought this car used and complain about reliability, it was abused.

great car
By Roberto on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got my Maxima new in 2006. I have never been disappointed in it. So far Ive been impressed with the power, comfort and agility. At 75,000 miles I just replaced the struts and shocks. Other than that, everything has been reliable and safe. This car should be reviewed for what it is, and not what one wishes they had bought instead. Complaining that the gas tank is too large or that you have to use premium gas arent complaints. That's like complaining a Corvette has too much power. Cant go wrong buying this car. Nissan just extended the warranty on their transmission to 10 years/100,000 miles. I wouldn't buy this car from a second party though since they are often abused as street racers.

Should've kept looking!
By Charles Williams on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought it in July 2010 as I thought was an upgrade from my 1998 dodge stratus. The first mistake I made was when I test drove it; I loved the ride of it and the smoothness of the CVT transmission, but little did I know that that is pretty much the only good thing about this car. I thought I did my homework on it but apparently not. I should've read the reviews on this site from people because the people giving it bad reviews are spot on. I waited 8 years to get a new car and I ended up getting totally let down. I immediately regret my decision.

Not Recommended
By mjf on 07/25/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this vehicle in November of 2009 to replace a Mazda 3. We were looking for something bigger. We got bigger, but not better. Not impressed with the interior. The air vents are horrible. They don't blow where you want them to and not much air comes out of them. The amber interior lighting is not impressive. Really old fashioned. The alternator just went out at 44,000 miles. Had to get that replaced. Not happy about that. Have to use premium gas or car shakes. Not happy about that. Premium gas is expensive, plus the tank size is massive, and it drinks gas. We should have kept our Mazda 3. Regret the decision to get a Nissan maxima. Probably won't ever buy a Nissan again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.