Used 2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Most Helpful|
Perfect so far..........
By rp65

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima with only 2k miles on it and currently have over 90k without any problems. The only thing I have replaced are the brakes and still have the original tires on it but I wouldn't recommend going that long on them. It has never let me down and I can't say anything bad about it.

Favorite Features

Styling, Engine, Interior

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius

Terrible Handling
By Driver in Pain

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle does not handle well to say the least. I need to fight to keep it straight on the road. My wrists are in extreme pain after driving 20-30 miles. Others who have driven have had the same complaint. I initially thought I received a defective vehicle, but apparently Nissan's technicians and Nissan Consumer Affairs feel the vehicle performs to factory specifications. Do yourself a favor and stick to a similarly classified Toyota or Honda product. I have previously leased both and have been much happier.

Favorite Features

Body Design

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the drawing board a rework your platform so that a $35,000 vehicle can drive in a straight line.

Not What I Expected.....
By kcire10

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2007 Maxima SE new and I've had nothing but trouble from the start. Had it for almost 5 years and I've had to get the AC compressor replaced, the motor mounts, belts (because of the compressor), and hoses for the AC. I also have trouble every now and again with the keyless entry. Plus, you pay an arm and a leg for 30,000 mile services ($600+). This is my first and my last Nissan. I should have bought a Honda!

Drastically poor milage
By rj3016

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 Maxima brand new. Since day one I have no gotten better than 17-18 mpg combined. At first the dealership told me it was winter gas. Winter gas? You have to be kidding me. I agreed to drive it till spring. Well, spring gas, summer gas made no difference. Still I amm only able to squeeze out 17.8 mpg. Took it to the dealer to find out why. The service manager said and I quote "we can check it but I don't think we will find anything wrong. That's just what those cars get" They checked the car and of course said they didn't find anything wrong. I drive 150 miles a day all highway. The best I can get is 18.8 mpg. This car SUCKS! Never again. My Hummer get 18 mpg!

Suggested Improvements

The dealerships should hire mechanics and service managers who do not make their diagnosis before they even examine the car.

Very dependable, stylish and fun car to own
By kscommuter

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car new in Dec 2006 and have enjoyed it every single day I've had it, and I've driven it a lot -- 115,000 miles so far and I plan on keeping it easily until it has 300,000+ miles on it. Have always had it serviced at my Nissan dealership religiously; the car has been extremely dependable and very light on the pocket book; only needing brake work and tires replaced as you'd expect. Continental ExtremeContact tires are great on this car; they make it ride like new. Besides being a work car, we use this car for all our long trips to visit family (500+ miles each way) and always feel decent at the end of the drive. Last but not least, this car has excellent "get up and go"!

Favorite Features

Power/responsiveness, quiet cabin, smooth ride, comfortable seats, exterior and interior styling, sporty larger SE wheels, stereo & speakers, generous trunk, roomy cabin (both front and back)

Suggested Improvements

turning radius is a little short