Used 2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Perfect so far..........
By rp65

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Maxima with only 2k miles on it and currently have over 90k without any problems. The only thing I have replaced are the brakes and still have the original tires on it but I wouldn't recommend going that long on them. It has never let me down and I can't say anything bad about it.

Styling, Engine, Interior

Turning radius

Drastically poor milage
By rj3016

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2007 Maxima brand new. Since day one I have no gotten better than 17-18 mpg combined. At first the dealership told me it was winter gas. Winter gas? You have to be kidding me. I agreed to drive it till spring. Well, spring gas, summer gas made no difference. Still I amm only able to squeeze out 17.8 mpg. Took it to the dealer to find out why. The service manager said and I quote "we can check it but I don't think we will find anything wrong. That's just what those cars get" They checked the car and of course said they didn't find anything wrong. I drive 150 miles a day all highway. The best I can get is 18.8 mpg. This car SUCKS! Never again. My Hummer get 18 mpg!

The dealerships should hire mechanics and service managers who do not make their diagnosis before they even examine the car.

Great!...not near the issues others have had.
By wtgkb8

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the car with 5 mi in late 2007 for $6k off MSRP. Have only replaced RR wheel bearing at~68k miles(under my warranty). Other items have only been normal wear items such as battery. Have only done regular maint. at home, with the exception of the trans maint. at dealer at around 60k miles. I could have not asked for any better car regarding reliability. Run purely 91-93 oct. fuel, and get 18-20 city, 25-28 hwy mpg since day one! I was skeptical with the CVT at first, but I don't think I can go back to a regular auto ever again! Throttle response is immediate, and the car learns your driving style regarding to trans and throttle reactions. Ready for 2012-13 model to add to or replace.

Love the engine power and sounds, CVT, throttle response, handling, braking and all the features that were standard equipment. Standard 240 watt stereo rarely disappoints...and has been better than I ever though it would be.

Most improvements have been made with the latest generation of the Maxima. I would just hope for better graphics in the center radio display for non-nav cars. Tighter turning radius would be nice, but I have read this has also been improved with the latest model. Better factory installed tires would be nice, even though I got over 52k miles on the Eagle RS-As, with tread to spare. Have very few issues with the 79K+ miles so far.

Very dependable, stylish and fun car to own
By kscommuter

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car new in Dec 2006 and have enjoyed it every single day I've had it, and I've driven it a lot -- 115,000 miles so far and I plan on keeping it easily until it has 300,000+ miles on it. Have always had it serviced at my Nissan dealership religiously; the car has been extremely dependable and very light on the pocket book; only needing brake work and tires replaced as you'd expect. Continental ExtremeContact tires are great on this car; they make it ride like new. Besides being a work car, we use this car for all our long trips to visit family (500+ miles each way) and always feel decent at the end of the drive. Last but not least, this car has excellent "get up and go"!

Power/responsiveness, quiet cabin, smooth ride, comfortable seats, exterior and interior styling, sporty larger SE wheels, stereo & speakers, generous trunk, roomy cabin (both front and back)

turning radius is a little short

Not What I Expected.....
By kcire10

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2007 Maxima SE new and I've had nothing but trouble from the start. Had it for almost 5 years and I've had to get the AC compressor replaced, the motor mounts, belts (because of the compressor), and hoses for the AC. I also have trouble every now and again with the keyless entry. Plus, you pay an arm and a leg for 30,000 mile services ($600+). This is my first and my last Nissan. I should have bought a Honda!