Almost there
By P-R.B. on
2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
When I set out to buy my first news vehicle I knew one thing. I was getting a truck. I researched everything I could about recently produced 4x4 mid-size trucks, and was hoping to find and American made that fit my criteria. After all was said and done I bought my '07 frontier brand- new with 205 miles on it. I was spoiled for a few years owning a '78 international scout ii. I have put this Nissan through the same paces that I was able to put old Betsy through, however. At 37,000 mi. I needed to replace the clutch, and now at 78,000 I am needing to open the transfer case because the 4x4 won't disengage all of the way. So I ask, "what the hell?" why are these things breaking?
Favorite Features
The Nissan Frontier SE Crew-Cab is the only truck in it's class that could hold a candle to an International Scout II. I love almost everything about it. 265 hp. 285 ft. lbs. of torque, six speed manual transmission, four door, cruise- control, power windows, cd player, the list goes on.
Suggested Improvements
Please make this truck a high-output diesel. Please put in manual- locking hubs, and an actual 4x4 shift lever. Please remove the spare tire from under the truck and install a swing-away tail- gate carrier. Please make the clutch, and 4x4 components stronger, much stronger.