2007 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
109K Miles Down, Looking forward to 100K more!
By buldog60 on 11/21/13 07:57 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been amazing. I have had no complaints at all. I feel safe with driving my family around in it. I do not worry that it won't start or will die on the road. I got it with 40K miles on it and have never wanted anything else. I am averaging 20 MPG with mostly hwy driving. Adding the K&N Air Filter was a great call. All my friends want one like it, and I highly recommend it to anyone. I am actually looking at another one as a second vehicle.

New truck owner
By gopackers3 on 07/11/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first truck that I have owned and so far it is providing exactly what I needed. Of course there is always the truck envy when something bigger or with four wheel drive pulls up alongside, but all I need to do is remember why I bought it. My need is 80% commute and 20% hauling and this fits that need exactly. My used XE had the upgrades (i.e. power windows, door, etc. along with A/C, towing package, bed liner and tonneau cover), so I am not missing much. Time will tell whether the Nissan brand holds up as my family loyalty is in Toyota and Honda.

No Power!
By wadk on 02/26/12 15:07 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE is severely underpowered, too much truck and not enough engine, should never have got it. Need the V6.

Love It
By lemurmonkey on 09/21/11 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. My brother has the 2door Nismo and I drove it for a weekend and fell in love. I needed the 4 door for my 2 kids. (no nismo needed here either) The V6 rumbles when you push it higher than 3500rpms. I haven't towed anything yet(but I have no fear of under-performing). Very comfortable compared to other trucks. Read the reviews out there and you will find this is the best truck in it's class. I purchased used at 45K miles, so we'll see how reliable this thing is. Great looking truck, fast off the line, very capable 4x4, comfortable interior, and feel of high quality materials(unlike Chevy/GMC Canyon).

2007 Frontier
By greentreefro on 02/27/11 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, excellent value. The V6 engine has lots of power and the 6 speed manual gets me 25 MPG average better on long trips around 28MPG. I will enjoy this truck for many years to come.

Rock Solid
By Ed W on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the comments on this web I must add mine. This truck has been fantastic. No problems, just oil changes and tire rotations. Just past 60K and still the original brakes. Not a rattle in the vehicle at all. Rides quiet and solid. Love the Rockford Fosgate stereo

Almost there
By P-R.B. on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

When I set out to buy my first news vehicle I knew one thing. I was getting a truck. I researched everything I could about recently produced 4x4 mid-size trucks, and was hoping to find and American made that fit my criteria. After all was said and done I bought my '07 frontier brand- new with 205 miles on it. I was spoiled for a few years owning a '78 international scout ii. I have put this Nissan through the same paces that I was able to put old Betsy through, however. At 37,000 mi. I needed to replace the clutch, and now at 78,000 I am needing to open the transfer case because the 4x4 won't disengage all of the way. So I ask, "what the hell?" why are these things breaking?

Replaced clutch at 35,000 miles
By Rolland weeks on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my son a Frontier. Replacing the clutch at 35,000 miles this week. This is not what I expected at 35,00 miles. My toyota pickup clutch was replaced at 260,000 miles. I guess you get what you pay for.

All-Around Great Truck
By Jerry on 08/26/10 05:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I've been extremely happy with my '07 Frontier. Quiet ride, zippy performance, fairly comfortable driving position. Have had only one recurring problem...malfunctioning tire pressure sensor. It was finally fixed after the third visit to the dealer. Owned a comparable Tacoma before this truck. I like my Nissan far better.

The Beast
By Mike on 08/05/10 10:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great all around truck with great towing power and torque. I added a k&n intake. E3 spark plugs. And drilled and slotted ebc rotors with ceramic pads. I have to say for some small bolt on mods. The truck performs like a sports car and pushes over 300 hp. With the truck breathing and sparking so well I have been getting 21 mpg city and 27 highway. I also use the high octane fuel the owners manual suggests. Nothing under 91 octane. You can use 87 in a pinch but if the folks who designed the engine ask for the good stuff. Its for a reason. Use it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.