Used 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Armada SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Bang for your Buck!
By Niccole

2010 Nissan Armada SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm coming from a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder and decided to upgrade to a larger SUV. I originally looked at the GMC Yukon but found for the price and rebate, the Armada was a better choice. As everyone has noted, the only complaint is the gas mileage. I also find that since it's a V8, it has more of a truck feel; which, I'm adjusting to. I've seen better navigational systems, but I'm adjusting. Overall, for the price, I believe I made the best choice!

Leather Seating, Size and Space.

I have multiple cell phones and I have to disconnect one to connect to the other. Often times, it doesn't allow synchronization when I want to switch. I would like to be able to toggle between the phones. Also, gas mileage should be comparable to its competitors.

The Platinum is not worth the $$$
By Art C.

2010 Nissan Armada SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am coming from a 2006 Armada, so my expectations were high with the 2010 model. I am disappointed. The main reason I went with Platinum was due to the folding mirror option for my single garage. This needs to be on Titanium models. The instrument cluster was redesigned it the speedometer is off to the right and hard to read. The Sound/Nav system is poorly designed (read below). After 3000 miles, I am hearing sounds out of the chassis when I go over speed bumps -- I put 50K miles on my '06 and never heard that sound before. The transmission also seems to make a more significant "clunk" when it goes in or out of gear. For a $50K+ vehicle, I should get more for my $. 13 mi/gal stinks

The vehicle looks great and I always get compliments. It has the roomiest 2nd and 3rd rows of any SUV--and I did look at the competition before I bought.

The Navigation is poor--no voice input; cannot enter an address when driving; does not find addresses. The Music Box is difficult to navigate, organize, or delete songs; cannot upload directly from MP3 CD or player. 18 preset stations, but must be organized by FM, AM, XM- allow me to mix and match?

Wanted One Forever
By Karen

2010 Nissan Armada SUV Platinum 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have been looking at the Armada for some time but could never find the right one. The guilt of paying so much was hard to take also. Finally our local dealership got the perfect one I had been waiting for. Sticker $52,250. I got it out the door for $44,000 (tax, tag, title, extended warranty). I love it and have no regrets. I am only 5'2" and was concerned it would be big for me but I feel perfectly at home driving it. I have not curb checked once! The memory seating is great also. Now I don't fuss about my husband resetting everything.

The look, memory seating, backup camera, the heated steering wheel (thought it was a little silly until it got cold), the power third row seats and liftgate - practically everything.

The gas mileage could be better but since I work and shop within a couple of miles where I work it doesn't really bother me too much since I love the SUV sooooooo much.