2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Could have changed this part.
By Carl on 08/02/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far very happy with the car. Only some small complaints. Car rides very nice until you hit a sharp, quick bump in the road. Feels like you hit a brick in the road. Biggest complaint, but bought the car anyway is where they placed the 2 charger ports in the car. One at the bottom of the arm rest storage area and the other at the back of the storage in the center console. If you store anything in these area's, you'll have to empty everything out just to plug in a charger. I agree big time about what someone else wrote. They should have more options available. It's either nothing or everything. Big difference in the price tag.I paid $500.00 out of pocket to have a spoiler put on.

Great car so far!
By kristian on 07/31/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love this car! I just purchased it a week ago and have fallen in love with it already. Great steering and maneuvering, great handling, size (inside and out), and space. I previously had a 2008 Nissan Sentra and felt that it was just too cramped so I moved up to the Altima and wouldn't change anything. I wanted this car for some time now and glad that I was able to move up.

Nissan Altima 2010
By nissan on 07/31/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Smooth, excellent engineering. The best car I have ever driven in the last 23 years.

I love this car
By altimaguy on 07/28/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I narrowed my decision down to the 3.5 Altima vs. the 3.5 Accord. I drove both several times. While the Accord drove nice and had a little more back seat room, the Altima was a little zippier and had more fun technology for a little bit lower price.

First time Nissan owner
By percboy on 07/23/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 38 years driving conventional automatics and standard transmissions, the CVT took a little adjustment-your brain is so used to that sensation of shift points, that the smoothness of the CVT is strange. But after almost 1200 miles, I've come to really like it and enjoy it's performance- responsive and fun to drive. The manual mode is is a nice feature, when need to pass or just feel nostalgic. The styling is top notch, inside and out, with sl package you get a bunch of great features that add a lot of luxury for the price. Love the leather seating and automatic dual climate control! Gas mileage is great- averaging 28 mpg. I am impressed with how quiet and smooth the car is on all road conditions.

Extremely Happy
By Kathy on 07/21/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle on 7/3 best buy great deal I couldn't be happier. I didn't start out looking at the Altima but I kind of stumbled upon it in my search and I am so glad I did. This car has so much class and style I'm amazed at the performance. I purchased it in Navy Blue with the blond leather interior and I gotta tell you it's a head turner.

Death at 163 miles
By MADCONSUMER on 07/10/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up 2010 Altima with 4 miles on it. Car dies on the way home with 163 miles total. I know that this can happen, and I'm not mad about the car breaking down as much as I am about the warranty company not helping me. I am responsible to pay for the rental. I am responsible for any miles over 35 towed and I am 100 miles away from home. The dealership will not give me a courtesy vehicle cause I did not purchase it from them. No rental company open. Basically Nissan proved to me that they will not stand behind their product and since they left us 100 miles away from home without a care, I will make sure that everyone I know never goes with Nissan.

Great Initial Assessment
By Archman on 07/07/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were looking for a midsized sedan since we have a grandchild coming in a couple of months. We considered the Altima, Camry, Legacy, Mazda6, & Sonata. It must have the following: good comfortable ride, quiet, good fuel economy, & roomy. That was the dilemma. All of the cars that we considered as noted above can meet those requirements. So we dug deeper. We loved the CVT and the quietness it brought. So it was down to the Subaru and Nissan. Then July 4th weekend sale sealed the deal with the Nissan with up to $2k off with your own financing was great. Additional feature that we love is the smart key and push button start, absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.

Best in class, mu opinion
By Stone on 07/04/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just got it. Wanted a decent looking sedan at a good price with great gas mileage. I'm very happy so far. Gas mileage is 29.6 in all-around driving, mostly city. I pay attention to how I drive and it seems to help the mileage. Doesn't compare to the Audi's I've owned for years but it costs half as much, has a much better maintenance and reliability record and gets better gas mileage. I'm retired now so I had to take a step down but I'm very happy with the car. Looking forward to driving it a long time. controls are basic and simple. Easy to get to. Am very pleased with my purchase.

Fantastic Car
By Nadeem on 06/25/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have altima 2.5 SL for two weeks now and I am enjoying/loving it so far. I was shopping for 2011 Hyundai Sonata because of high reviews and ratings but I think the Altima quality of ride and the interior is far superior then Sonata. The only thing I am missing it is the rear heated seats which Sonata offers in their Limited edition. But I have no regrets going for this Altima which has all the bells and whistles along with the awesome performance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$125 per month*