Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

The jury is still out
By tmagman1

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read many reviews on this website, and saw where the Altima received really good ratings. I bought the basic model a few months ago. So far I can't say I'm impressed. If you need horsepower, you better keep looking. You won't find it with this car. And with the unique transmission that seems to gear down on take off, the car seems to have even less horsepower. If you need to step on the gas, get ready for a loud roar from the engine noise. It ain't pretty. Sounds like a darned airplane about to take off. I purchased the car brand new. You know the economics of buying a new car, so I'll lose my big time if I trade.

Easy steering. Takes curves really well. A quiet ride until you decide to accelerate.

I don't know how far the Altima has progressed over the years, but I can't believe the lack of horsepower. And I can't believe folks "love" this transmission. I swear it seems like this car is on its last leg when you hit the gas. I'm not trying to win a Nascar race, but geesh the hp is awful.

Sports car for seniors
By STNCK

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2008 Subaru Outback wagon (turbo). Red leather is a great change from black. A real nice drive with a good ride and plenty of features.

Red leather,smart key, CVT, styling, gas mileage, solid feel, radio

Daytime running lights, mute button on steering wheel, 6 CD changer

Noisy
By John

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Only have 3000 miles on this car. Transmission is noisy till it hits cruising speed. Road noise is terrible. Replaced orignal tires to see if that was the problem, but the noise level is still there and I am out $700 for tires. My Toyota Tacoma pickup is quieter than this car. If you want a quiet car don't buy this one. Be sure you drive it on a chip sealed road before you buy.

I love everything about this car except the road noise is driving me crazy.

Better body insulation.

Noises?
By teacherman

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I only have 500 miles on it but notice when the car is full until ¾ a tank I here a sloshing noise that results in a knocking sound when slowing down, backing up, etc in the rear of the vehicle. The sound seems to be the fuel moving around the tank, but it is quite loud, and usually results in a few knocking sounds each time I hear it. I do not even need to be traveling at high speeds to hear this noise. I have never heard anything like this on a vehicle and was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I took it to the dealer and they hear the noise, but according to them it is common in the 2010 Altimas.

Body style

Fix the loud noises from the rear!

So Far, So Good
By gerry

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded a Chrysler LHS for the 2.5SL -time to downsize. Got all the packages except navigation. The 4 cylinder is a little noisy on heavy acceleration, but has enough power. CVT surprised me - didn't think I would like it. End of year pricing was excellent.

Styling, handling, ride. If you have a sun roof, get the wind deflector.

Should have power passenger seat, better interior trim.