Used 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car for the Price
By Pamela Dean

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got average 28 mpg while driving 35 mph. Comfortable for driver…not so comfortable for passengers. One key entry went out causing me to be stranded. Could not open trunk without key entry because there is no place to insert the key. Replacing batteries did not fix the "key".

Great car!
By Mark Nolan

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2010 altima 4-door with the 4-cylinder CVT with 100k miles on it. The front seats are very comfortable and the visibility is excellent. The fabric is very nice and has held up well. The driving position is perfect and I really like the power seats. It's so easy to find a comfortable position. Mine has the Bose sound system which is very good. It has XM radio and you can connect your ipod and the songs will show up on the display. The backup camara is a very useful option. It's great for parking or backing up. I really like the interior of the car. It's simple yet stylish. The engine is a little loud when you start it cold. It sounds a little gruff but it runs great and the CVT works excellent. The car could be a little quieter and I'm sure the new ones are. The gas mileage is very commendable (around 26 mpg) and it has a very large gas tank. You can easily go 400 miles between fill ups. I checked out camry, 6, sonata, accord, passat, and malibu. None of them are as comfortable or have as good of visibility and driving position as the altima.

Disappointed with no way out
By Mark

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Being an eager child I thought I'd get a nice bright red 2 door loaded with everything, the Altima was one of the cheaper coupes in the marked and without thinking a traded in my previous car for this one and rolled over almost 2 grand on top of the Altima. Point of the story, I'm stuck with $5000 negative equity because of the cars horrible resale value (even if I hadn't rolled over money I would be $3000 in the hole). And I can't think of a worse car to be stuck with, up or down hills the cvt underperforms, actually, it's always underperfoming but especially then, the 2.5 liter 4 cyl is slow and sluggish just like the cvt, trying to get some acceleration you have take it to 4000 rpms and that itself is a struggle, the car has 61,000 miles and paint is already chipping from the spoiler and front and rear bumpers and the hood, "leather" is peeling off the steering wheel in every spot, the road noise is awful and every interior panel squeaks and rattles (common Nissan problem) I wish I had more characters to complain about the cvt because I could go on for days, but even at high rpms the engine doesn't do much, very disappointing

noisy
By lato

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this engine is very noisy

good acceleration. and push button to start the engine

Not recommended
By mackyd

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been living with my Altima 2.5 Sedan for over a year now and I will never have another. I can only describe it as a car for people who don't like driving.
Dangerously underpowered, the most uncomfortable front seats I've ever encountered in a modern vehicle, many rattles and squeaks from the interior and exterior, very prone to understeer due to the poor weight distribution, I find the CVT annoying, the - augmented by limited windshield wiper coverage - blind spot at the driver's A pillar is terrible. The trunk hinges are the invasive kind which is unacceptable to me. There is no mechanical key hole for the trunk. I have many more complaints about it but no room to include them all.

I do like the keyless ignition/ door locks. Although the engine is inadequate and the CVT annoying, the fuel mileage is very good.

This car seems like it was thrown together from a Nissan spare parts bin. I owned a first generation Altima which I loved and still miss. In my opinion, it was a much more fun and solid car. My only suggestion would to rethink this whole vehicle. Scrap this design and start over again. I've had many new vehicles over the years and still cannot believe how poor this vehicle is as compared to other great vehicles in the Nissan stables. Reminds me of a 90's era Ford Taurus.