Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I love my Jeep
By Tyler

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep Wrangler. I love the feel of driving it along with just being in it. It gives you a sense of power because you can sit above the rest of the traffic. I have modified mine to fit 36" tires with 6.5 inches of lift. It works wonders offroad.

I love the offroad capability of my Jeep Wrangler.

I think they should come out with a more offroad capable Wrangler. It should be like the Rubicon, but with more lift, more power, and 33" tires standard on 15x8" wheels. Also stronger axle shafts inside the axles.

Tomb Raider edition
By Frank

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Happy with everything except disappointed with the engine performance. It seems that the engine will backfire on a downshift once and a while. The Jeep dealer told me that someone else was complaining about it and that it was bad gas. So I've tried different gas stations and It's still a problem. I suspect it's a fuel management issue and is normal for very long straight inline six design.The horsepower is lacking for the size of the six and how much gas mileage you get out of it. I bought the Jeep for the power but 4 cylinder cars passed me in the Rockies. Technologically It seems behind the times, related to engine performance. Need some R&D for a factory installed supercharger.

The classic look of the Jeep. It's the most rugged compact SUV available, very confident when headed for the mountains or when in snow/mud. It's great for finding those small parking spots without having to think about cars damaging your bumper. It's easy to work on since it's not too complex.

Add more technology to the engine to improve gas mileage versus performance. Fix engine hesitation during a down shift with a five speed manual. Add a defrost option with a recycle mode as well, so I don't have to breath the smog. On Tomb Raider edition the screws loosen on bushwacker fenders.

Only in a Jeep
By Brian Smith

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned, and I can't believe I have never had one before now. The slogan, "only in a Jeep" is so true. I have been places in my factory Jeep that I would have never dreamed to take a vehicle. I love this thing. No issues with this at all.

Hard top/soft top. 4X4.

Little better gas mileage.

Unbelivable!
By JohnBoy1248

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Although this is my second Jeep Wrangler I still can not believe how capable this Jeep is! No matter what the weather or where you are this Rubicon has no problem taken you where you want to go. Classic Jeep interior and exterior lets you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Interior comfort is not that of a BMW 7 series, but it it a Jeep it is built for functionality and fun. The most capable Jeep EVER built!

Go anywhere design, build quality, ability to take abuse and throw it right back at you!

Nothing, keep this exactly how it is!

yeaaaajeep!
By jeepfan

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just passed 30000 miles on my 03 Wrangler. Trouble free. Says alot because I have owned 2 Accords. It is lousy on gas but, it really makes up for it while your driving it. In 4WD snow is not even a minor inconvenience. Owning a Jeep puts you in your own class. No need to compete with someone else on what kind of car you drive. You drive a Jeep, enough said. Taking the rear seats out allows you to store enough for long trips or vacations. Summer is good with the top down, but, driving in the Fall is even better. On long drives its no Lexus but, if you wanted that ride you may want to get a Lexus. You'll be amazed how quick you get used to roll up windows!

Design, aftermarket accessories, ability in the snow, it's a convertible.

The usual - gas mileage.