Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

NEVER AGAIN
By cpallam

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was first car that I purchased along with being my first JEEP ever and let me just say that NEVER again will I step foot onto a Jeep Dealership. It could be the fact that they transmission they put in the vehicle is not serviceable as in you can't even have fluid added( was told this by a lady in the service department at the dealership)or could it be that the awful squealling sound when you go in reverse and use your brakes is only fixable by going 40mph and slamming on your brakes, or that I only have one more turn on the rotars and it's already warping again. Let's not mention the HORRIBLE blindspots that have contributed to SEVERAL close calls!

NONE

Put a serviceable transmission in. Um, cut down on the blind spots. Make it to where the doors match up( appraiser noticed they didn't) Do the same with the dash. Make it to where the squealling doesn't happen and can be fixed.Hmm, I think there are just WAAAY to many to name here.

Jeep Compas Needs Help
By By John

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass new in October 2006. A month later we had a major ice storm and the AWD and anti- lock brakes worked great! I was disappointed from the start about the highway mileage I was getting, the highest ever was 27 MPG. I visit my parents who live in another state regularly. This is the first vehicle I have had in the last 17 years that could not make the trip on a tank of gas. I have had both tie-rod ends replaced under warranty and the front brakes which I had to pay for. Items that you normally don't have problems with under 30,000 miles. The CD player lacks a compression mode to even the volume out. The dash board is very clunky looking. The YES seat fabric does not work.

Exterior styling. I love the grille, round headlights and the clam-shell hood. Adaptable cargo area with all the fold down seats is great along with the heavy duty removable cargo floor. Plenty of room for passengers. Drives well.

Bigger gas tank!; Move the I-POD station to the dash near radio; move center armrest forward so it can be used as an armrest;put a better standard CD player in;air conditioning and rear defrost controls are small and hard to use;put a door on the passenger side dash cubbie.

You get what you pay for
By Ryann

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car after driving a Honda Civic. I didn't have a lot of money, and it had a great music package available. I wanted an SUV, and have actually noticed very little difference in gas mileage after my 03 Civic. I haven't had any major issues, some lights turned on for no reason, and my drivers side window controls have been replaced, and have to be replaced again. Also, cruise developed a habit of turning off. It is very comfortable, and with the music package and price is great for young people. It is small and roomy. It is a bit unconventional looking, which I don't enjoy, but you do get what you pay for.

The music, Ipod connection, subwoofer, and Sirius comes with it. Comfortable seats. Gas mileage.

The appearance, both interior and exterior. Reliability. Warranty. It does have a habit of decreasing speed drastically when you first start moving on days that are chillier than 60 degrees, almost giving me whiplash.

Power steering issues
By Greg

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other responses and up until now we have only had the air fuel assembly intake that contains the choke/butterfly mechanism replaced as it was faulty. But in saying that in the last month our Jeep Compass has blown it's power steering system lines twice and if not plugged in if temps get below -25 C, is harder starting. First set of tires only lasted 48000 kms. I live in Manitoba and it's nothing to see -40 temps and my Jeep has been great for the first two years so now I am starting to have a finicky vehicle in winter after having virtually no trouble.

4WD feature, comfort is great, easy site and access to controls. great handling on gravel roads.

Better tire warranty on tires for both mileage and road hazard. Jeep, Caravan and Dakota's all seem to be having steering issues right now, what ever design change was done seems to not work in cold weather. When same problem reoccurs within a short period,cause has to be reassessed not just fix!

2007 Compass
By Peter Waugh

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our 2007 Jeep Compass for one year. It has 22,000 miles on it. It is the Sport 4x4 edition with automatic transmission. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle. She loves it. We average 25 mpg. Overall satisfaction is very good. It does not have much power but it handles very well. I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of room in either the front or rear seats. The 4 wheel drive is outstanding. We have had several snow storms this past year of a foot or more and it is like driving on bare pavement. If you are looking for an "off road" Jeep don't buy it. If you want a dependable 4x4 as a daily driver & commuting vehicle buy it!