2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Love it!
By KRISTINA on 05/26/07 04:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a decked out Buick Rendevous for my 4wd Jeep Compass, Sport edition. Truthfully I can't tell much difference in the performance and feel. The gas mileage was my main reason for purchase. While it doesn't get quite what I expected- average 24 mpg, it is still way better than my past vehicle. The interior is very comfortable. I can fit our two small children in the backseat with a little room to spare. The cargo space is very roomy. This car is fun to drive, and very comfortable. It even handled some very deep mud on our country road without difficulty. I would recommend this to anyone who is searching for a small SUV.

Real world review by Jeep lover
By Jeepster on 05/24/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned Jeeps for decades. Our Compass is a jewel. Our family moved to a small town about 90 miles from a big city where I work. I commute everyday. Our family has over 700 hundred acres of Central Texas Hill Country to roam as well as livestock to care for. I needed a fuel efficient 4 WD for both off and on road. My Compass has over 15,000 miles on it without a hiccup. I've hauled hundreds of pounds of feed and angle iron for welding projects in the back with the seats down, over and through rough terrain without a problem when in 4WD. We've had ice storms and flooding. The Compass handles it all. On the highway, the SUV is quick, agile, comfortable and very fuel efficient. Great SUV.

Love it!
By Annie on 05/23/07 05:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't listen to the negative reviews! This car is fun to drive, gets great mileage, with little to no road noise. I have a black Sport 4x4 CVT automatic engine, sunroof, customer preferred package,driver convenience group and the upgraded Yes essential seats - Loveit!

Great SUV for the money
By Joe on 05/10/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of plastic is good, easy to clean. Manual transmission has more than enough power to get through the grapevine faster than anyone else. A bit tight in the knee area for tall guys, but plenty of room to make up for it in other places. Cargo space may seem small, but I just went on a 4 day camping trip with 2 other people, no problem fitting all our stuff in.

Don't Believe the Professional Reviews
By nobrow on 05/03/07 05:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The reviews of the Compass have been almost universally negative, and almost universally wrong. It's a great car, economical, safe, comfortable, fun, and stylish! I've had plenty of stares and at least three women tell me they really like how it looks. The acceleration is good: good from a stop and good for passing. It just feels slow because of the CVT, which takes a little getting used to, but is really nice once to adjust your driving style.

Nice Ride
By Compass lovers on 04/24/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our Compass for 2 months now, and we love it. The ride, the look, the comfort are really unbeatable, especially for the price.

Life On A Dirt Road With A Compass
By hortag on 04/20/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I analyze every large purchase I make endlessly. To be honest, by the time I purchased this Jeep, I was tired of looking at it; I had reviewed and test driven it so often. But my first real glimpse of what it was capable of came to be during a recent Nor'easter that struck my small New Hampshire town. Six inches of mud, 16 inches of water, deeply gouged trails, and the Compass exceeded my expectations! So far, this Jeep has proven to be versatile, well built, and capable of alot more then one might expect out of a 4x4 "Compact SUV" based on a "Car" chassis. All this, and a comfy leather interior, and outstanding sound system.

Our Compass
By Terry on 04/03/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When we purchased the Compass we traded in a 2002 Liberty. We love it's handling in the city and on the highway. The CVT transmission takes a bit to get used to but other wise we love the Compass. The seats are very comfortable. Braking is excellent. A little slow off the line but it's not built for speed. Great cargo capacity and easy to get in and out of. The instrument panel is easy to read. Our only complaint is the only power switch for the door locks is on the drivers door. The rear passengers need to unlock the door by pulling up on the door lock button if the driver doesn't unlock the doors. All in All after owning several vehicles, this is one that I would buy two off.

Great SUV Love it
By newjeepowner on 03/30/07 08:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this SUV. Traded a 2004 Civic in on one. Insurance went way down payment stayed the same. This is an SUV that is good on gas and great on the road. I feel so much safer.

A fun to drive vehicle
By R from Bklyn on 03/28/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For the most part, this crossover is a pretty good vehicle for the price and features offered. Handles well and has a firm grip of the road. For under 24K, the features are what you would expect from a luxury SUV. Safety department did a solid job as well. Side airbags, electronic roll mitigation, traction control, and antilock brakes are standard. I can't tell you if they work, but knowing you have some safety back-ups gives you a secure feeling. Cons are few and simple: needs rear seat pockets for storage, cup holders swallow the average coffee cup (they are to deep and located way down in the console), the side view mirrors are suppose to fold in electrically...they don't.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.