No buyers remorse!!
By topoerman on
2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
We put our first 1000 miles on our 2012 Elantra GLS after downsizing from a 2007 Sonata LTD. No regrets yet. The interior space is comparable to the Sonata giving me plenty of leg and head room for my 6'2" frame. Back seat space comfortably accommodates 2 adults. The new 148 hp 4 cylinder has plenty of pop and the 6 speed transmission operates smoothly. The eye-catching design is a real head turner. We did get the preferred package which adds a few extras. After reading a few reviews, I was concerned about the gas mileage being overstated, but we recently got over 41 mpg on a road trip and average about 36-38 on our first 3 tanks of gas. This is according to the on board avg indicator.
Favorite Features
The dashboard is easy to read and well designed. Gas mileage is very good. I am a conservative driver and I'd expect to get well over the 40 MPG on straight highway driving. Good trunk space for a smaller car. It looks small but does not drive small. Excellent visibility in all directions. No blind spots.
Suggested Improvements
The bluetooth is a little sporadic in responding to name commands, but I suspect this is normal. The steering seems to be just a little "loose." The car is in big demand right now since we had over a month of waiting from the time we ordered the car until we took possession, but it was worth the wait.
By nerl945
on 09/13/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

You are not getting 41 mpg. My 2012 "on board" shows from 3 - 5 mpg over what I am acutally getting. The best I have been able to get is 38.4 but "on board" showed 42.5!

By mybudfrogs
on 12/21/11 03:19 AM (PST)

Well Heck 38.4 is still great! It would be different if you said 32.5 and it was 10 mpg off. LOL

By litesong2
on 10/24/11 19:09 PM (PDT)

nerl945........ mpg readings should be given in miles & gallons calculations. However, you have no proof that topoerman's car computer is as inaccurate & off-set as your car computer.

By 680sunol
on 06/14/12 04:00 AM (PDT)

"on board computer"...not! There is only one way to accurately calculate mpg... the old fashion way! As long as you haven't changed your tire size!!!