Can NOT reccomend this car
By veevolt on
2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)
I hope a ton of people read Edmunds reviews and will not be lured in by Hynundais pleasing designs and high option content. I see there are others here that are dissapointed! I had TWO 2012 Elantras, the first one bought back due a intermitent "no start" problem that the dealership cound not fix. We had car #1 for about 3 months. Car #2 has suffered from several stall outs, this happens in the City, or on the Highway. My bluetooth has never worked right, cruise control worked when it wanted to, had a clunk in the front suspension from 8k miles, the engine developed a nasty ticking sound at idle, and of course the fuel mileage, I've seen best 28 mpg while drafting a semi in Montana. avg is 25
Favorite Features
It looks cool for a compact. But don't judge this book by its cover.
Suggested Improvements
The whole car and the company that makes it is nothing but lies, excuses, and deception. Once they have your money thats it. Sour Grapes- cavet empetor- this should be Hyundais tag line! Im still mad three months after dumping this for a Volt.
By 20grand4crap
on 06/25/13 08:32 AM (PDT)

Wow, our stories are the same. My 2012 Elantra won't start, or won't reliably start. When I turn the key in the ignition, there is probably only about a 30% chance of the car starting. Been to the Hyundai repair guys six times. Each time, they scratch their heads and three days later declare it fixed. Each time, I'm back there the next week, having the piece of junk towed in because it wouldn't start. the promised mpg was a lie, thus the class-action lawsuit. the warranty promise also a lie, because I have a new car that sits at the repair shop more than it does my garage. and the promise to buy back at a fair price -- more lies. worst $20K i ever spent.