2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Review: Cannot Bring myself to trade i

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

Cannot Bring myself to trade it
By generalflea on

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car back in June of 2008 and it has been one of the best decisions ever! The little guy, (now known as the General Flea due to its color (tango red) being close to the General Lee and the way I can drive it) has been faithful at every turn. We bought it with 2 miles on the clock and it now has close to 50,000 without any trouble, just gas, some oil, and a couple of airfilters. The transmission at first was rough but I added a more sporting clutch setup and it has alleviated the rough transmission. This car has been known to hit 51mpg on the highway before and usually has a combined city/highway of 36mpg, well above its estimate. Overall great car!

Favorite Features

The sound system is great for such a cheap machine, sharp steering and a size that can fit anywhere while carrying 5 people and some gear in the back, 4 people are more comfortable however. Easy to work on and perform your own oil changes and such, and hardly anything goes wrong so there is not much else you do. Great looking too.

Suggested Improvements

Stock transmission setup on the 5 speed could use work (2012 models now have 6 speeds and may be better), needs more gauges, I am kind of old school and I would like a coolant temp gauge over a dummy light.