Honda all the way!
By metro21 on
2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I had an 09 Odyssey that I traded in for a Dodge product- worst mistake ever! Ended up trading the Dodge in for this one. The 14 is so much better than even the 09. The 6 speed tranny is now standard which bumped up MPG and the drive. The 3rd row seats also fold down much easier. The dual screens are a unique touch which I like. HondaLink is kind of a joke at this point (downloaded the app on my I-Phone) but I do like that the car will read you text messages and let you respond while driving. I looked at other vans but no one was even close to the Odyssey when all is considered. Note: The CoolBox does NOT make things cold, it uses the car A/C to keep things cold.
Favorite Features
1. Low entry height so the kids can get in by themselves! Take out the 2nd row center seat and they can get to the third row without having to push any buttons, pull any cords or move any seats! 2. The standard 6 speed tranny is smooth as silk. On the freeway I've gotten as high as 29 MPG avg. Coming from a V8 Hemi, this thing is heaven. 3. Lane watch camera and LARGE backup camera view (eh eh Toyota...) 4. Nice big red Push button start. 5. I really like the exterior and interior design. Mine is steel metallic and it looks amazing! The paint is also high quality. 6. HUGE trunk space. 7. Great and unique tail light design. Looks like red LED lines.
Suggested Improvements
1. The DVD screen is very small compared to others and aftermarket models. I think this may have been done so the driver can see out the back window without the screen being in the way though. 2. Make the cup holders have removable bottom plastics so they can be taken out and cleaned like my Dodge. 3. Third row sun shades and fog lights should be standard in lower trim levels. 4. Oil cap looks difficult to get to. I haven't had to change the oil yet but I can see having to bend/ twist my arm and hand weird to get to it. 5. Turn signals on side view mirrors standard. 6. Let me see my text messages on the screen! I'm already looking at it anyway to see that I have a text!!