Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Best people carrier there is
By txmom

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove Toyota, Chrysler and Nissan minivans before trying Honda's; as soon as we sat in an Odyssey, we were amazed at the quality and comfort of the interior. Carlike ride (plenty of power) convinced us. Ample space for kids, luggage, grandparents. I've fit 3 square bales of hay and 6 50-lb bags of feed into the back (with both kids comfortably seated!). VTEC engine is cool (and effective!). Keyless entry and sliding doors are a lifesaver. Kids like the dvd player, but the wireless headsets only worked once. Difficult to get into the 3rd row with child seats in the 2nd. Have replaced tires and battery once. Selling ours, only because we live on a rough unpaved road and need clearance.

sliding doors, keyless entry, dvd player, moon roof, high-quality leather, heated front seats, ample and flexible cargo space, amazing agility and oomph for such a big car, smooth ride, attractive exterior, ULEV status, in-floor storage (which we rarely used, but liked having!)

wireless headphones don't work, difficult accessing 3rd row seats with child seats in 2nd row (too hard to get kids in and out of 3rd row), road noise is annoying on long trips, moon roof controls are in an awkward location, heater takes some time to warm up the car, fuel door occasionally sticks

Love my Van
By Honda lover

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Captain seats in front with lumbar support.

Little bit more leg room in the middle sections would be helpful.

Joe's Odyssey
By Joe and Shirley

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One of the most reliable vehicles we have ever owned. It has been a pleasure to own.

Great carrying capacity and convertibility.

It's great just as it is, I wouldn't know how to improve perfect performance.

great value
By petras

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

base lx well equipped, comfortable ride, good handling, great for road trips, lots of storage space, strong and reasonably fuel efficient engine, no reliability issues yet... unless you need a rwd suv for towing, this is definitely a better "bang for the buck"

comfort, ride, room, storage space

some higher end versions have run flat tires that are expensive to replace and wear out quickly

Van-a-gan
By Ole Miss

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the van new and have had it over four years and put 75000 miles on it. I have had the power steering pump replaced once and it still groans and growls. The brakes grate and make noise, but always work. I've had them checked out, but they say they're alright. The van performs flawlessly otherwise. It really likes to go, and dare I say it is "fun" to drive. My teenager likes to drive it. I have a difficult time keeping it under 90mph. I drove the Sienna and it seemed under powered and soft. Gas mileage is good for a large vehicle at 21 city and 25 highway. Lots of room and with a whole lot of storage space make it a great car for traveling. I would buy it again.

Looks good (for a van) and fun to drive. Larger than the Sienna and better resale than American cars.

Fix the brakes, and power steering! It seems obvious to anyone who reads these that there's a problem.