2003 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Zippy Hybrid
By Scott b inNJ on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I've had my hybrid for 14 months now, love driving it on my long commute to work. Best part is getting the Civic reliability and hybrid technology in a car that looks and acts completely normal. I'm still surprised at how much pep the car has in accelerating and passing. Advertises close to 50mpg but with heat/ac running it's closer to a 46mpg avg.

51+ mpg
By JFoster on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Great little car that makes me feel like I'm making a statement to the US car manufacturers. Why don't we all drive cars that enable us to reduce our dependency on imported oil? Why car Japanese companies make them and American companies can't? Maybe they like the oil companies...?

Go Hybrid!
By Curtis R. Blakely on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I am just a little disappointed in the MPG as my Civic Hybrid is only averaging about 40.9 (calculated). I purchase the car new in 06/2002 and now have 33,400 miles on the car. The overall quality is wonderful, the design is nice and the interior is great too.

Not worth the money, but great idea
By aknight53 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I bought this car thinking I could save a bit of money with it's great fuel economy. However, I found out later that every 10,000 miles it needs a $100.00 mainenance fee with an expensive oil change in between. Gone are my hypothetical savings. Not worth what I expected to get out of it.

Honda Civic Hybrid manual
By davidlm1954 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

This car is very comfortable to drive, and handles very nicely. It has plenty of power and has caused me to modify my driving habits, particularily how fast I start from a stop.

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid still great fun
By P.Reichlin on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 18 months and 44,000 miles with my 2003 Civic Hybrid 4 door with CV transmission, I still remain happy and enthusiastic about it's design, construction, handling, enviornmental attributes, and of course wonderful fuel economy, and no, I don,t work for Honda. My overall mpg is slightly over 51 mpg. My best milage for 150 miles is over 60 mpg, and best ever is 76 mpg for 15 miles. I drove at posted speed limits, but was prudent. I have not yet tired of the satisfaction of being able to drive over 600 miles before getting a low fuel indication. In short, I continue to be quite satisfied with my decision and purchase, and would do it again!

5000 miles in, this is great!
By Harmsy on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

This is a great car. Expensive, but it's worth it. It looks as if it has something meaty under the bonnet. People ask me how big its engine is, and get confused when I say 1.3 litres! Then you mention the 10kW electric motor, and they get even more confused - amazed is better.

One Step Forward
By DigiDragon on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I own the "cvt" or automatic version of the Hybrid. Its very quiet except for road noise. Friends have been impressed and geeked out by the "click-start" and the semi-digital,indigo dash (especially the battery meters). I average 42MPG. Excellent sound system and room for adding power points.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By ErikaS on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Civic Hybrid in August and I couldn't be happier. It is so much fun to drive and the fuel efficiency is wonderful! I would reccomend the car to anyone looking for a sporty, yet practical car that will save you lots of money in gas!

great car/poor mileage
By fueler on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This a great car! Very comfortable, very responsive. My only complaint is the mileage. 36MPG with CVT with 4,500 miles on the odometer.Dealer says it will improve after 5,000miles. I could have bought a Civic LX for $5,000 less and got the same mileage!