2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Vibrations

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L V-6 Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Vibrations
By samson70 on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I hit the 1800 to 2000 RPM's there is a vibration I feel in the steering wheel. I also may feel it in the gas pedal. I brought the car back for it first oil change and told them at the dealership. I was told it maybe the wheel alignment, which they did. The problem was still there. I brought the car back again and this time the mechanic drove the car. He told me that it is a six cylinder car that changes to a lower cylinder number that's what causes the vibration. I think they are lying and don't know what the problem is. I will ask to talk with the factory representative. The car is a leased vehicle with approx. 8200 miles.
By frogee
on 05/27/13 07:42 AM (PDT)

Regrettably, they are probably right about the vibration coming when the car runs on 3 cylinders instead of six. Honda declares this to be "normal", which is laughable. When you pay for a six-cylinder car, you shouldn't be feeling a 3-cylinder buzz most of the time.

By beejum66
on 05/05/13 22:22 PM (PDT)

I had the same problem and it was the fuel injection line that runs along the firewall near the steering column. At least that's what my problem was. They tightened the brackets that hold it and it solved the problem so far. I will know now what it is if it becomes loose again. My car is a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl 4dr Sedan.