Bring back the good stuff
By patnams on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
My previous car was 98 Accord LX, did 140k in LOT of conditions. I also get to ride lot of rental cars. With that background, I generally agree with all great reviews of '13 from others but will focus on some issues here. The ride is rough on imperfect roads - the noise & vibrations come right into your body. CVT is smooth but the 1st gear is missed greatly for initial 2 seconds. Compared to 98 LX, cabin quality is poor. Seats are hard, storage is less and dash looks cheap. The steering is hard, my hands ache on long drives when I am moving the steering only like half an inch most of the times. My elbows are missing some support on both sides as windows and storage are bit lower.
Favorite Features
I am a Base Model guy and I got everything in this car - Alloy Wheels, 6 Air Bags, ABS, Blue Tooth interface, Mileage. The ride is very smooth and noise free (as long as the road is good). I play music from my phone into Car's speakers. I get to speak on phone without holding the phone. Love the Rear View Camera (these are like $3000 options on even luxury brands). CVT is great during the ride not so much at starts and before stops. Noise levels are very low (yet to beat camry though) Ride quality is great - something expected from a Honda as a defacto standard. Bit concerned on long term reliability of CVTs.
Suggested Improvements
I'd say bring all the "basic" stuff from Accord 98. Soften up little bit on Steering and Suspension. Soften up the Seats. Find a way to improve CVT responsiveness around starts and stops. The car feels lighter, so my confidence level of its grip on the road is not there yet.