2009 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Somewhat disappointed with my

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Somewhat disappointed with my Accord
By Lucky 7 Honda Owner on

2009 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 7th Honda in over 20 years, and I'm the most disappointed with it. The car has some great features, but it's becoming clear that Honda cut corners to keep the costs down. It's a good looking car and is roomy. However, Honda service is not great. Spent too much time at the dealer, and they are always suspicious that it's my fault rather than manufacturing defects. I'm sorry I traded in my 2006 Accord for this one because it was just a better built car without any issues. Honda needs to get back their core basics.

Good stereo, comfortable seating position, lots of room, decent looks, fuel economy not too bad with 4 cylinder (30 - 31 mpg).

ROAD NOISE! There's no excuse. Door seals are pitiful! Mine has many of the typical problems: rear brakes wear out prematurely, elec seat track problems, low RPM hesitation, silly jack storage over spare (makes noise). Also Honda service never wants to admit problems are their fault.