Used 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great car, mileage less than advertised
By chris870

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This car is LOADED - only thing missing is a sunroof. Only minor complaint is that the gas mileage should be better - I'm averaging 32ish, and thought I'd be closer to 35-37 mpg. I have 20K miles on it so far, and it seems to be getting a little better.

Favorite Features

Nav is great, plenty of power (255HP), nice stereo and XM Satellite

Suggested Improvements

Accurate reporting of gas mileage expectations... most people run the A/C...

I Love This Car
By KCMOHondaBoy

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased my Honda Accord Hybrid on 7/11/05 and it has about 12,000 miles on it now. It has only been in the shop once for a recall which was a simple software update. Around the city I average 28mpg when I travel I get anywhere from 35 to 40mpg depending on how fast I drive. I do recommed this vehicle. But if you do choose to buy this vehicle make sure you get the Navigation System wish I had, since that is the only extra option.

Favorite Features

I Love the XM-Satellite Radio, the 255 HP V-6 Engine, and the Heated front seats. I enjoy the Traction Control system as well.

Suggested Improvements

Better Gas Milage! Add reverse sensing system.

Nice car but...
By pat

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Good car to drive, but not as fun as previous 96 Accord LX. You notice the weight in corners and stopping but the acceleration during highway merge and passing in straights is wonderful. Not made for cornering. Road noise is intrusive and the radio's tinniness doesn't block out the road noise. Drive feedback through the steering wheel is numbing. Transmission shifting is clunky and noticeable especially during smooth, gradual acceleration. Outstanding ventilation controls and headlights.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, headlights, ventilation layout.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage (currently 26 mpg combined); smoother transmission operation; better brakes; better rear visibility; improved sound system (mp3 capability, subwoofer, 3 vs 2 band tone controls); beter sound insulation; bigger visors (return the pull-outs of the 960; cruise control device layout.

Buy this great car as used to save $
By Yossi

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought this car as used car with only 4500 miles, this car has navigation system and xm radio. I paid $24,500 and spent another $200 to get the spare wheel and tool box of 2006 hybrid, yes of 2006, the special tire I bought at tire shop in much better price. Honda made a stupid mistake with 2005 hybrid on the spare wheel and corrected it on the 2006, however this is the most fun car I ever had, I know that milage is not even close to Toyota Prius but better than all my previous V6 cars, I am a tall guy 61, however the driver seat is very comfortable

Favorite Features

Navigation, Audio system and the power.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk, blue-tooth,8 speakers and auto light.

Wow!
By Ken

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Purchased for fuel economy with performance. Fast and quick handling. Runs like a V8. A better riding set of tires would make this car more comfortable on the freeways in CA. The factory Michlin S-8's are hybrid tires for fuel economy- they ride hard. Fuel economy is getting better now at 4,000K. A fuel additive gets us 40MPG Hyway and 30 in the city-best mileage. Average driving is lower at 25/35. Sound system is just ok. Dealer response has been good. I replaced the tire pump with a mini spare. No problems so far. We like the car! Brakes seem too sensitive and have a tendency to grab quickly at low speeds or when coming to a stop.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling and spirited driving with excellent control. You can get a 255 hp V6 with the fuel economy of a four-cylinder, and power like a V8.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof (06), Better radio/sound system, auto dim mirrors, better riding tires, darker tinted glass, full or mini spare tire. longer warranty (36K/3yrs)- 50/5 would be better as standard. Brakes grab too quickly at low speeds, Auto- stop feature should have a on/off switch.