2005 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
A Honda family
By Robert fochtman on 09/14/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I own a 2002 Honda Accord V-6. My wife had a 2002 BMW 225. We replaced the BMW with a Honda Accord Hybrid. So far we have had a very positive experience with the new hybrid. Our driving has been expressway/city street and we have averaged 32 plus miles per gallon. On the expressway we seem to get about 36 MPG. Love the car.

By cal_cal on 09/08/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I wrote a review earlier when I first bought it. Now it is 3 months since I owned it. The car gives me 29 mpg in city and 33.5 mpg in highway driving between 70 and 85 MPH. While the fuel efficiency is great, the more important is that the ride is great and the interiors are well done. The car is still very smooth and a joy to ride. I still love washing it and keeping it shiny sparkly.

Saves Gas
By Ted B. on 08/31/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Honda has truly outdone themselves with this car. 255 total hp (240 V6 and 16 electric) provide a quiet yet substantial driving experience. This car has tremendous acceleration through the mid range to top end. From 50mph to 75mph with gas/electric combination in 4 seconds is impressive. Max fuel efficiency for me seems to be in the 62-64 mph range. At this speed on I-95 I can get just shy of 40mpg. Around town the mpg is just above 28.

I'm lovin it!
By Olga on 08/23/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I traded my 2002 honda coupe for the hybrid. I wanted to save on gas. It's too soon to tell but I drove it for nearly 100 miles and didn't use a quarter tank yet. The car is really powerful and I have to keep track of how fast I go. The interior is very nice a spacious. I don't want to get out of my car.

The New Accord Hybrid
By Bill Ades on 08/20/05 17:13 PM (PDT)

I would have preferred to wait a year to let the prices come down a bit and to make sure the new Accord Hybrid would be as good a car as my last Accord ('95 wagon, 168k miles). I have had absolutely no reason to regret my purchase. The car is a dream to drive -- tight, responsive handling and ride, real performance (without guilt). I have found no defects in 6 months and over 6,000 miles. The Nav. system is both fun and useful and the sound system is great. The car routinely gets 37 mpg or more at interstate speeds and averages 25 mpg on my 20 mile mixed commute. The transition from economy mode (3 cylinders) to full power is virtually undetectible. I love my new Accord!

good car
By carole on 08/09/05 13:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

really fun to drive has peenty of pep and holds the road very well thought I was comming down from my caddy but the hybrid outperforms significantly..

Honda Accord Hybrid
By Pat Leblanc on 08/08/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Absolutely love this car. Have 10,000 KM since purchased on April 2 (It's August now)and I am averaging 8.4 l/100 KM for the entire life of the car. Handling is great for a large sedan with acceleration extremely quick and impressive. The electric motor seems like it is pulling you along. Would never even think about purchasing an Acura TL. Best feature - when I am picking up my wife I stop in the parking lot with my foot on the brake and enjoy the A/C without the engine running. Note: The review that stated they purchased the first one in Canada, would have to have bought it before April 2, 2005 to beat my purchase.(Did the salesman tell a fib???)

Newbob1
By NewBob on 08/06/05 20:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I am very impressed with the power that the Accord 4-door Sedan Hybrid's V6 engine with 255hp has. Addtionally, the car handles so smoothly and is so quite it sometimes is hard to realize the motor's even running. I have gotten the gas mileage the EPA expects while on road trips, but slightly less while taking in-town trips.

New to Hybrids
By Richard on 08/04/05 11:09 AM (PDT)

This high end hybrid has met and exceeded my expectations so far. It did require me to change my driving habits to meet and exceed the EPA fuel economy ratings. I have learned to keep my eye on the average miles per gallon read out to adjust my foot on the pedal. So far after 90 days, I get 29+ around town and at least 37 on the highway.

Happy
By albert on 07/30/05 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I had a 2003 Honda Accord EX, but for the deal I got, it was worth it to tradeup. I am very happy with the Hybrid. While I just got it, milage is still better than previous Honda. It should improve substantially as I increase it's use.