1999 Honda Accord Consumer Review: just keeps on going flawlessly

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl on

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components. I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00
By kristyw1983
on 01/25/11 08:59 AM (PST)

I too have a 99 Accord EX purchased new, my mom had it first, then I got it from her. I have 200 something thousand miles on mine as well, and for the first 4 years of its life it was a New England car as well. I just last year replaced the shocks and struts, and i keep up with regular maintenance like filters, fluids, and such. I also get great mileage not just city but highway. I've made a lot of trips from NH to FL and was getting almost 500 miles a tank! I am riding this baby to the ground which may take a while!

By mthurl
on 01/09/13 14:55 PM (PST)

Glad to hear it (I don't want to be the only one who is driving their Accord until it blows up). I'm now at the 250k plus mark and I'm reaching for 300k. I've replaced the struts, ball joints and a bushing here or there since my last post. Pretty good considering I've driven 50k miles sice then. I still get around 30 miles to the gallon on the highway.