So far, love it.
By Woof on
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
I bought my 08 SLT, Diesel on New Year's eve day, 08. I have put on 17,000 miles mixed mostly highway and suburban with a good bit of weekend warrior hunting and camping trips. I commute in this baby and my combined mileage is 15.7 over the last 9 months. That's with a cap on the back,and with 35 miles a day in hardcore SF Bay Area highway traffic hell. I don't tow but it will haul a back end load of hunting equipment, dogs and coolers full of meat. Honestly, I could use a lesser truck for most of what I do, but when I need to step up this truck takes it and keeps going. I can stick 3 dogs in the back of the cab, w. seats folded and they ride in comfort and one of them clocks in at 120lbs
Favorite Features
This is no Porsche but it is quick and responsive. With no load hardcore highway commuting is no problem. The interior is nice, too much plastic maybe, but I bought this truck to get it dirty. The blk leather cleans up nice from dog drool, coffee spills and mustard splats.
Suggested Improvements
Put in a handhold over the driver's door like Ford does -- so my 5'4" wife stops using the steering wheel to pull herself in. Also, I forgot, the only problems I have had has been electronic door locks breaking down, 2 so far. Under warranty so replaced w/ no problem.