2004 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Pretty good
By Trex on 12/21/09 07:28 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car off a Ford dealer in 2006 with 25K miles for $10K. It needed tires about 2 years ago and I put on the expensive Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads. This team of tires and vehicle has been the best traction I have ever had in a 2 WD car. I began using it as a courier vehicle part time in 2008, putting on average 40K miles a year. Just went past 125K with only one $150 repair, and oil changes. Feels like I will break 200K getting 25-26 mpg highway and 19-22 city. I gave a little up on mpg for superior traction in all weather with these great tires. It's great to pass a stuck 4 WD car in the snow. May be the best car so far.

Decent student car for the money
By SDLA on 11/30/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car overall. The body construction is solid, and it has comfortable seats. This is a great student car for the money; just boring to drive and look at.

Loyal Ford Customer
By wendy harbach on 08/09/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned fords all of my life so when I was looking for a mid size car I fell in love with the taurus. I had it for about 3 weeks when the air conditioning unit went out. Then the breaks and finally the alternator. The vehicle only had 36000 when I purchased it. Since those wonderful days things have only gotten worse. Now the car dies for no reason as I drive it. The breaks have been replace 3 times and The air conditioner doesn't work again. This car has really let me down. I don't think I will ever own another taurus. Just watch it this model seems to have alot of problems. When the repair man saw me coming in he laughed and said whats wrong with this one. Not good!!!!

Reliable car
By Nicos on 06/18/09 21:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus new for $17,000 out the door. I put 120,000 miles on it by the time I sold it in Feb 2009. The car was great, comfortable and had good accelaration at higher sppeds. The only problem I had after the warranty expired was I had to replace the bushing between the transmission and engine. Otherwise it was 100% reliable.

Great for long drives
By Pat on 03/29/09 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Taurus because it was a reliable used car. It is a good car so far. The longer I own it the more I like it. It is a big comfortable car with very good gas mileage. I get 29 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 22 mpg. Last winter I had a problem with water leaking into the passenger floor. It turned out to be shoddy workmanship from the factory. This is a good car but Ford needs to keep improving on reliability. They are catching up with the Japanese and I think they can surpass them if they choose to do so.

My Third Taurus
By kimbah on 02/15/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

A very good car
By Doug on 02/10/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Currently have 175,000 miles and have had no problems. Replaced the tires and battery. I have not even needed brakes. 29mpg on the highway. I hope I can drive this car 400K.

Nice ride
By Heavy one on 11/16/08 09:14 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the car. I have 2 complaints- bad gas mileage and the leather seats are uncomfortable, especially with the cup holder up. I am a large guy and my leg falls off the seat. when the cupholder is put away the car is great.

A Winner
By JLS on 09/24/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SES has the Duretc 24 Valve and on the highway at 2000 RPM consistently delivers 32 MPG - in town it fluctuates from 25-27 MPG. Leather seats comfotable, even for my 6'5: frame. At 2000 miles the check engine limit came on and the dealer replaced the entire gas tank and gage system. No problems since. At 61,000 miles the trnasaxle seal leaked and the dealer replaced it no charge. 1st Saturday of every month gets oil changed, tires rotated etc. Very good vehicle.

Been about a year now
By Mike J on 09/19/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus about a year now and have been very happy with it. I have not taken any trips and do all in town driving averaging about 20 mpg. The ride is comfortable and inside and trunk are roomy. Since I bought this car at a used car dealer, the prices have actually gone up about $1,000 asking. Not bad for what some call a throw-away car.