Solid performer
By jtice on
2011 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE after extensive research in December 2010. I went for the automatic transmission model. Now, I've got 31,000 miles on the vehicle. I haven't had the first problem with it yet. I was just told of a recall on this model due to trouble with the wheels. Vehicle is very responsive in turns, accelerates well, has a spacious trunk and comfortable interior. I've gotten as high as 36 mpg on long flat stretches of highway, such as through Kansas and northern Indiana. Typical, 33 mpg. I wish there was a bit less plastic panelling and a more stylish interior. Of course, I could have gotten that with the SEL model for a few grand more. Overall, very pleased.
Favorite Features
Excellent fuel consumption for a vehicle of this size and weight, while maintaining good acceleration and handling characteristics. Looks good.
Suggested Improvements
Less plastic in the interior, more wood, aluminum, chrome paneling. Better access method for oil changes. The plastic shielding is irritating to remove from both the filter and the oil plug. The dashboard glovebox sticks frequently when it's cold outside. Better latching mechanism.