Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By mrsnorris on
2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I never write auto reviews. However, I figured that it would have been helpful is someone told me about this car before I got it. First off, the 2010 Fusion is a beautiful looking car. I got the black with black leather interior. Very nice. I thought the SYNC was cool and loved the color combo...(note to self, never buy a car based on looks). I had the car for 1 year. I was literally at the shop so much they knew me by name. The transmission failed 3 times. After the 3rd time of being in the shop and paying for a rental (on a lease) I sold it and went back foreign. The only reason you should get this car is if you like living at the repair shop.
Favorite Features
SYNC, paint and color options, contrast leather stitching, ambient lighting
Suggested Improvements
Fix the transmission! Of course Ford acts as if there is no problem. Three repairs in one year is insane. There is no way that you should have to worry if today is the day that you will get stranded on the side of the road in a brand new car.
By wolffchad
on 08/16/11 16:59 PM (PDT)

I couldn't agree more. At 25,000 miles my 2010 fusion transmission failed. I had the car in 3 times prior complaining about the transmission and Ford could not fix it. I really liked the car except for the transmission and poor customer service. I traded the fusion in for a 20102 Sonata Limited 2 weeks ago. Never never will i ever buy an American engineered car again. Thanks Ford you failed!

By hopefulone
on 10/25/11 12:54 PM (PDT)

my car is bright silver with black interior very sharp looking. my trans is a stickshift and so far since april 2010 it has worked perfect. i wonder if during the economic downturn (2008 thru 2009) if something was just neglected at the factory.The cash for clunkers cleaned out a lot of those cars built during that time and you may be a victim of a slump in quality control.