Transmission problems!
By daveglo on
2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Buyers beware! This model year of Ford Fusion has had many, many transmission problems, and I can not recommend this vehicle. I'm a lifelong Ford owner, and would normally stand up for them, but this machine has been extremely disappointing. The dealership has done the repairs as recommended by Ford, but it's never going to be enough until they re-design the transmission. The transmission started slipping before 20K miles, and would slip bad enough to drop a gear when accelerating at highway speed. It completely disengaged once while at normal highway speeds, and had to coast to the shoulder and "re-boot" the car (it's all electronic controls) to get it back to shop. Do not buy!
By lizzim
on 06/21/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

I know exactly how you feel! I have always owned Ford's but this year model is junk! I can't wait to trade this car in!

By rcramsey
on 09/26/12 08:48 AM (PDT)

Agreed I have the exact same issue with mine. Only it started at 100 mi. and has been doing it ever since. About 3 "reflashes" later and still the same issue with the dealerships shrugging their shoulders.