Used 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

my 2010 fusion
By cinwit

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought my fusion with 13k on it. had it now a little over a year and has 35k on it. love love love my car. the only issue i have with my car is how the front passenger seat shakes when no one is sitting in it, and how my rims fill with snow and ice and make my car shake so bad i sometimes have to pull over from getting sick. removing hubcaps should take care of that though. over all,

Suggested Improvements

no hubcaps please. been nothing but a pain for me.

Dangerous stalls
By omg2010

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My son was driving this car at night and started stalling until he pulled over. Gave me a call and went over to switch car. Drove it for about 10 minute when it started stalling. Turned it off and back on and still continue to stall. Waited a minute then turn it back on and continue to stall-turned it off and waited another minute and finally it ran fine. Had heavy rain during the prior weeks and there is no gas cover for this car to stop water from entering. Nice car when running and not stalling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas cover. Need to info on why the transmission fluids keeps getting low.

Holds up well in an accident
By fusion5

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle was rear-ended by a Mazda CX-7 traveling in excess of 40 mph while stationary, waiting to turn left at a red light (traffic had backed up into a lane of travel). The trunk was destroyed and the front clip was beat up front impacting the car in front of me, but other than that car held up surprisingly well (the seat gave a lot, and the large head restraints prevented what should have otherwise been a serious case of whiplash).

Favorite Features

Dual zone climate control Fuel economy BLIS Rearview camera Cross-traffic alert

Suggested Improvements

Transmission flared when cold (2nd to 3rd shift). Not sure what that was about, but never got worse after dealer reprogrammed it.

Comfortable But.....
By thekonz

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in September with 55K miles on it (SE fully loaded, Auto Trans.). I fell in love with the SYNC system, moonroof, and general level of comfort and build quality in the interior. About a month after purchase however, this car showed its true colors. It has had the stalling issue fixed twice, and still has intermittent issues. On left turns it makes a loud grinding noise, and on heavy acceleration the engine knocks. The rear quarter panel comes loose at high speeds and the headlights fog worse than london. I had to take out an extended warranty from my credit union in hopes of not being wiped clean financially because of this junk pile, hopefully it will get better.

Favorite Features

SYNC, driver comfort, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Engine quality, overall mechanics.

Wanted to like this car
By ranner1

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our 2010 fusion late 2010 and have had no major issues with it and then wham! The transmission began giving major problems. We took it to the dealer first with no real help. We then took it to Mr. Transmission and they found a catastrophic failure inside the transmission. $4000 repair later and out of warranty we contacted Ford to look for help and at least for them to help rectify the issue with us and all we got was a "Sorry its your problem". Granted the milage was at 150,000km but a modern transmission should not fail this badly this soon. I am sorry I bought this car, for anyone else out there with this problem, report it to Transport Canada. Perhaps they can do something.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs to be looked at desperately of if they have already fixed the problem, make up for there mistakes. Make things right with the customers that supported and bought into their supposed commitment to change.