Used 2010 Ford Fusion SEL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Strange Transmission
By lovenohate

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same. It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.

I like the Bluetooth feature playing music on my iPhone and also able to hands free talk. The car also has LED lighting on the interior floorboards which looks really nice at night and can change the colors. I like the styling with the rear spoiler and the sunroof. The car can really accelerate fast with the V6 engine. The computer says 25mpg average on the dash.

The transmission needs to be redesigned. The ergonomics of the sound system and AC controls need to be redesigned. I drove a new 2013 and hated the design of the interior. I like the design of my 2010 much, much better. The fog lights need to be redesigned to direct the light better.

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Love the Sync system (got lucky with a sales rep who explained it well) - though the system can get a little wonky at times - it freezes when taking voice commands; an ignition reset normally fixes this. Now (thankfully) virtually standard equipment on most cars, I am a complete slave to the blind spot monitors, back-up camera and parking senors!

Even with the V6 putting out 240HP power is not very responsive - theres a 2 second lag which can get you into trouble (especially in LA traffic). The manual shifting is lousy for the same reason and so hardly used. Build quality could use a little more attention - although thats probably how costs are kept low.

Throttle Body issues
By lcorder

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a good car for us, weve had it for about 3 years now. Some issues that we have been having is with the throttle body. Going 70 miles an hour and the gas pedal stops working is a bit scary. Driving down the road and it cuts off at any point with no warning due to the throttle body is even more scary. Ford charges $400.00 for the part to fix even though its a safety issue and several have been having the same issue. Also minor things like chrome pealing off the interior door handles, parking break button. Paint wearing off interior pieces. Note: That my car gets detailed about once every two weeks so its not from a lack of care just bad quality.

Sporty Family car and roomy

Quality of the parts Cheaply built

First and Last Ford forever
By fordhater224

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Hadn't owned a Ford in years. Liked the 2010 Fusion v6 SEL AWD. In past 6 months, replaced throttle body (scary to have no acceleration suddenly in 65 mph traffic). Drivers side seat warmer went, and last week wife was 60 miles away on business and it wouldn't start. Towed to dealer for new battery (??) Traded in that piece of junk today for a 2013 Accord. We had owned Honda's for over 15 years and other than normal wear and tear, had 1 oxygen sensor replaced in 4 year old car and muffler and exhaust system in my now 14 yr old civic. I feel sorry for whomever buys my trade in!

I HATE THIS CAR!
By mhelling1985

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come on here to see if the problems I'm having were just my bad luck. It turns out that I'm not.I bought a Fusion SE 2.5 auto used in 2011 with 10000 miles on it two weeks after I bought it the master cylinder went out. Then two months later the trans went out the control unit and valve body were the problem. A month after that the power steering hose blew. Three weeks after that the ac quit. About a week ago the alternator went out. All this and the car only has 35000 miles on it. trust me this car is a crappy car. I hope my review will keep at least one person for buying this car.

The radio sounds good.