2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Strange Transmission
By lovenohate on 06/15/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same. It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010 on 04/14/14 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Throttle Body issues
By lcorder on 09/04/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a good car for us, weve had it for about 3 years now. Some issues that we have been having is with the throttle body. Going 70 miles an hour and the gas pedal stops working is a bit scary. Driving down the road and it cuts off at any point with no warning due to the throttle body is even more scary. Ford charges $400.00 for the part to fix even though its a safety issue and several have been having the same issue. Also minor things like chrome pealing off the interior door handles, parking break button. Paint wearing off interior pieces. Note: That my car gets detailed about once every two weeks so its not from a lack of care just bad quality.

First and Last Ford forever
By fordhater224 on 03/30/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Hadn't owned a Ford in years. Liked the 2010 Fusion v6 SEL AWD. In past 6 months, replaced throttle body (scary to have no acceleration suddenly in 65 mph traffic). Drivers side seat warmer went, and last week wife was 60 miles away on business and it wouldn't start. Towed to dealer for new battery (??) Traded in that piece of junk today for a 2013 Accord. We had owned Honda's for over 15 years and other than normal wear and tear, had 1 oxygen sensor replaced in 4 year old car and muffler and exhaust system in my now 14 yr old civic. I feel sorry for whomever buys my trade in!

I HATE THIS CAR!
By mhelling1985 on 03/27/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come on here to see if the problems I'm having were just my bad luck. It turns out that I'm not.I bought a Fusion SE 2.5 auto used in 2011 with 10000 miles on it two weeks after I bought it the master cylinder went out. Then two months later the trans went out the control unit and valve body were the problem. A month after that the power steering hose blew. Three weeks after that the ac quit. About a week ago the alternator went out. All this and the car only has 35000 miles on it. trust me this car is a crappy car. I hope my review will keep at least one person for buying this car.

DO NOT BUY
By monikag2012 on 03/01/13 08:52 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I have ever had. We bought a 2010 used and it had no apparent problems. A month later the throttle body needed replaced. Then we fixed that and the o2 sensors are out so we get 18 mpg. and now the power steering is out, and it has already cost 114 to reset the code because it's hydraulic and It broke the day after fixing it with the same power steering problem, and now ford is charging 1070 to fix it. This car is junk. The throttle body and power steering are problems that are a big problem for this vehicle, yet no recall has been made. wish i had known that its such a common problem!! Do not buy if you want a safe and reliable car. i will not put my 3 month old in this

HORRIBLE!!!! Never again FORD
By mskii on 05/18/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is absolute JUNK and if you value your life and the life of your family then DO NOT buy it. The complaints about the car just shutting off (yes, even on the highway) are REAL and it is a very dangerous thing. I told the salesman I wanted something reliable and safe for my kids and I and this is the car he sold me? I should have known better than to trust. I purchased the car in Sept 2011 and haven't even put 2000 miles on the car. The car shut down the other night on Interstate 85 and we were almost rear ended by a tractor-trailer. This car is NOT safe and is anything other than reliable.

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By mrsnorris on 07/21/11 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I never write auto reviews. However, I figured that it would have been helpful is someone told me about this car before I got it. First off, the 2010 Fusion is a beautiful looking car. I got the black with black leather interior. Very nice. I thought the SYNC was cool and loved the color combo...(note to self, never buy a car based on looks). I had the car for 1 year. I was literally at the shop so much they knew me by name. The transmission failed 3 times. After the 3rd time of being in the shop and paying for a rental (on a lease) I sold it and went back foreign. The only reason you should get this car is if you like living at the repair shop.

Best car I've ever had but.....
By matt2010 on 05/14/11 11:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second AWD Fusion , had a 2007 ,the car probably saved my life with it's 5 star crash rating as some one ran a red light at high speed and hit me in the drivers door (didn't even break the glass or door panel) Went out and purchased a new 2010 AWD SEL , best car I've ever had . So far the only problem Iv'e had is the recall for transmission reprogram , but last few day's the 6 speed transmission has been slipping or jumping when heavily accelerating , has even popped into neutral once ,it is scheduled to go into dealer in a couple of day's any advice ?

6SPD AUTO TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS
By soccerguy48025 on 03/20/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beware!!! A simple internet search will reveal tons of problems with the 6F35 auto trans in the 2010 Fusion and Escape. My car is experiencing problems with frequent shift flaring, which will then be followed by a hard shift and forward jolt. This jolt caused me to hit another car in front of me thus damaging my chrome grille. The car will also shift into neutral by itself at times creating a dead spot in acceleration. After software reprograms, new valve body, and complete overhaul including new clutches, my car now drives significantly worse. The trans now struggles and is very sloppy overall. Now, my transaxle shaft seal is leaking fluid and clutch material has been found in the fluid.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$135 per month*