2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Not sure about this car yet...
By jmon1 on 08/01/13 18:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2010 Fusion new and it has 26,000 miles on it. Everything was fine until the 3 year warranty expired. In the last week I have had the A/C manifold replaced, the transmission throttle (scary when the car dies going 70 mph) and had a tire blowout. Thank God I bought the extended warranty as it was well worth the extra $2700. I also bought the road hazard protection warranty, both good for 60,000 miles with a $100. deductible. I would have already spent in the thousands getting this car fixed, but with the warranty I'm only out $200. Personally, I think the car handles and rides OK and the MPG is not bad. I think it's hard to see out of the rear deck though..

Great Car for the money
By Bernie on 07/06/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Camry and a 2008 Altima coupe. The Fusion meets or beats those cars for ride quality, power and comfort. Ford has done a great job in building a car that shows America can build and engineer a quality midsized sedan. I have 1200mi on the car and have been averaging 28 mpg 60% city) by fill-up. the computer shows 31 to 34 mpg on the highway. This is my first American car purchase in ten years and I am very picky. You will not be disappointed if you choose this car over any of the Japanese or Korean competition. Drive this car then drive a Camry and Accord and you will be amazed at how quiet this car is. The Fusion is by far a much quieter car. The 4 cyl has tons of power.

Too many problems for new car
By jrcepek on 06/09/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We have had our Ford Fusion for year and have had it towed twice. First time, engine wouldn't turn over; second time, engine turned, but immediately stalled and couldn't continue. Both covered under warranty, but when you are used to trouble-free Camrys, tough to swallow. Also, dealer sold us new car with repaired tire that eventually went flat and necessitated purchasing a brand new tire. We are awaiting a replacement check.

Home run for ford
By shawn barnes on 05/01/10 17:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with exterior styling then i drove one and decided that this would definitely be ny next vehicle.It has more than enough power and phenomenal gas mileage (39.5 mpg) mostly around town with a short commute to work each day. I have recommended this car to many of my friends who are looking for a new car.

This thing is a FORD?!
By Kevin on 03/21/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My review title was the first thing that entered my head upon test driving my future Fusion S. Very well composed ride, handling characteristics, soft touch interior materials, and overall a feeling of a great vehicle. 6 speed auto started shifting a bit rough but now that I have some mileage on it and it's gotten used to my driving patterns, it's silky-smooth. Huge trunk for a mid-size. Alloy wheels standard on basic model. Returned 32 MPG on first tank of gas. First car I've owned that didn't need to return to the selling dealership to fix something after the sale.

Senior Owner
By summit123 on 03/06/10 09:01 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The quality and performance are second to none.The safety features and driving experience again prove Ford will give my family years of good service. I recommend this to all senior citizens the average life of this car is 12years 250,000 miles with a local dealer nearby. Ford again has proven it knows how to build Quality.

Homerun
By Patrick on 03/03/10 10:21 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased the base S auto model for under $17k and must say nothing comes close to it for style, performance, engine/tranny, build quality and MPG. Add that you are also supporting an American manufacturer that didn't take a bailout money is icing on the cake. I have 09 malibu and a 10 honda accord and have driven the Camry/Altima several times so I have compared them extensively.

HAPPY SURPRISE
By HAPPY on 11/25/09 10:40 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After talking myself out of my '04 Lincoln LS and into a "gas friendly" vehicle, I have been happily surprised just how much I really like my new Fusion. It just sips fuel, regular at that. Smoother on the road than my Lincoln LS and surprisingly comfortable. Wind noise, forget it! Finally......... Good job Ford!

Absolutely Love It
By blu on 07/01/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely love my I-4 6 speed manual 2010 Fusion S. I only have about 800 miles on it and I average 33 mpg in mixed driving conditions. For a 4 cyl it is snappy and a lot of fun. I really like the external body style changes they made to the front end in 2010. I believe for 2010 they also went from a 2.3 liter 4 cyl to a 2.5 liter. Mine is the basic S model but it still has everything I need and doesn't lack in style or design. I would highly recommend this car to anyone and I recommend test driving a 4 cyl and a 6 cyl. Prior to this purchase I was adamant about a 6 cyl but test driving the manual 4 cyl changed my mind. I also test drove a Camry and several Malibus both 4 and 6 cyl.

handsome, fun and a good value
By Jonas on 06/08/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2009 Fusion S manual for about two weeks and have put 1000+ miles of conservative higway driving, averaging 40+ mpg. Its a blast to drive, handles very well and doesn't feel underequipped power wise. It is also very quiet. The build quality & reliability is (so far) great, the only imperfections noticed is a glove compartment thats a tad stiff to open/close as well as the air conditioning which smells bad for the first few seconds. I also personally dont care for the cyan back lit dash. The rear window offers a somewhat poor view. Seats are good and roomy both front and back. Stock stereo surprisingly good, but doesn't accept mp3 dvd. paid 17k OTD and I consider it a super value!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$137 per month*