2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Most reliable car I've owned s

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Most reliable car I've owned so far
By mgoodwin16 on

2006 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up in Sep 06.I really liked the styling and still do. Since getting my D.L. 26 yrs ago, I've owned 6 Fords,1 Chevrolet,1 Buick, and 1 Pontiac. I had at least 2 issues with each of them. 11 with the Buick.I have not had a single issue with this car after 51k miles. The OEM tires wear quickly.Softer rubber,better handling,means quicker wear.Replaced with Michelins.I believe, due to the Mazda 6 underpinnings,I've noticed little, if any, difference in handling with the tire swap.I purposely chose the manual.More engaging in my experience and the manual with the Fusion is just as good as 2 others I have owned. Being a sedan manual is a plus. Great looks, dependable,and fun.

The styling has always been a big plus. Plenty of passenger/cargo room, comfortable ride, and excellent handling for a sedan under 20k. Gas mileage is decent. I average 23city and 32hwy.Base stereo actually sounds really good.Not as loud, but comparable to sound in my Mach system in 99 Mustang GT

Rear visibility does take some getting used to.Turn radius needs to be tightened a bit.Could use 1 more gear.Driving at 70mph runs me at around 3300rpm.Finally,one thing Ford has been slow to adopt. Full,not partial, headrests for backseat passengers.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review