2006 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: I want to love it again!

2006 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

I want to love it again!
By mom2de on

2006 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car 10 months ago after searching for 4 months for a car we liked and could afford. I read the reviews and saw the tranny flags go up!Take extended warranty. About 5-6 months ago I called the dealer to say our car was dry on oil.I won't even get into that dealership on here. Last week my car was bucking and shifting hard! Powertrain/transmission light came on and went off. Got it into dealership! 5 oil leaks! Needs a control arm as well. Thankful we took out the extended warranty because it now sits at shop with expensive repairs. Dealer says that's why it was bucking. Well we will see when I get it back.I am told by people oil leaks won't cause transmission to buck! we'll see

outside style. trunk space. easy controls.

radio lights go out, and door handles peel and break. Oil leaks and transmissions seem to be an issue. Also not great in the winter weather experienced in northeast!
By fusionowner05
on 04/24/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

Thank you SO much for posting this! I am a fusion owner with very, very serious problems. So, I am scouring these forums and others for people with the same problems as I, for my attorney. My story (in the simplest form) is this: I bought my Ford Fusion in Aug 2011, and Sept 2011 I had to have my entire engine replaced b/c there was no oil in the engine and it was destroyed. They couldn't tell me where the oil went, it was just burnt up. Now a little over a year later my car is without oil again and they are telling me I need ANOTHER new engine. They still don't know where the oil is going, why it's happening, just that I need a new engine...You can imagine my frustration. Any suggestions appreciated!