2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Focus Hatch Titanium

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Focus Hatch Titanium
By docdsc on

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Focus after driving many other compact cars.
The Focus exceeded all my expectations.
I don't think I would have ever considered the Focus, until I started reading the reviews about it.
Ford really has done an amazing job building and designing this car.
The car feels extremely solid, drives exceptionally well, is very comfortable, and economical.
The engine is very smooth, and the auto clutch tranny shifts crisply, especially in the "s" mode.
The manual shifting option is on the gear selector, I would prefer a steering wheel mounted paddle.

Handling, braking, comfort, interior features, quiet ride and power train. The steering feel is excellent. The Focus is not a "fast" car, but is adequately powered. I previously had a Mazdaspeed6, and feel that the handling and braking is as good if not better than the MS6. The interior fit/finish and materials are superior.

Paddle shifter on steering wheel, Rear seats that fold flat. More storage compartments, additional 12 v outlets

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tom5557
on 08/08/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

I read ssmtbiker's comment and started to laugh...I discovered the rear seats fold flat at the dealership and the salesperson had no idea...also, to be honest, my son has a 2007 Focus and it's the same arrangement. I would just that you do need to remove the head rests before folding the seat down.

By ssmtbiker
on 06/14/11 12:28 PM (PDT)

It's a secret, but the seats do fold completely flat (my friend figured that out when we went to look at the Focus -- the salesperson didn't know). First lift the seat bottom from the rear -- it lifts up and forward. Then fold the seat back down.