Used 2005 Ford Focus ZXW SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Radio killed the car
By LEH88

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had the car for about 4 weeks, left it parked for a week, came back the engine was dead, jumped it, it died again. Come to find out the CD/radio was bad, killing the battery. Two months later still waiting on a new CD/radio to be installed. Also my car came with no dip stick. Not sure if that was the dealer or standard practice, that cost $45. Otherwise the car has everything you need for the price. Even with the AC running it can keep up with the best of them on the Autobahn here in Germany. At 140KMs it is sailing along comfortably.

I like the standard features, power locks, cruise control, roomy interior. Fits a family of 4 with two of them teenagers without complaints. Nice car for the price.

Improve the plastic interior, cut down the noise a little. Make the front seats a little larger.

a/c compressor noise
By marks1355

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I test drove my ZXW the a/c charge was low so there was no noise. As soon as it was charged and new coolant was put in there was a loud clicking every 30 seconds. Ford say that is normal. That sound is the a/c compressor working. I hate the loud click and would not bought the vehicle if I heard it during my test drive. I love driving my ZXW, but what do I do to shut this car up.

Fix the dang noisy a/c compressor. There has got to be a way to keep a car cool and not have to hear it happen every 30 seconds.

My Focus Experience
By S. Howe

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing my Focus Wagon my great-nephews (in a car seat and boaster seat) have had a great time traveling about in our area. There is also enough room for my niece in the back with the boys. Everything is so easy to get to and to get the boys in their seats.

Love the kid proof door locks, also that the drivers seat adjusts up or down.

The interior light at the back of the wagon should come on when you push the button on the remote so you can check the rear for unwanted passengers before getting in. This should be standard on all open back vehicles.

Focus Points
By Bill Brown

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle for my sales job (I carry chemical samples). The Focus Wagon fit the bill to a "T". Spunky car. It is definitely spartan (interior) but the car more than makes up for it in performance.

Exterior styling. Responsive engine. Sound system is surprisingly good. Cargo room.

Upgrade interior and better sound insulation. Engine noise is noticeable at times.

love my car
By Barbara

2005 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my little wagon for six months now, and just love it. It is a breeze to park, has a huge cargo area, gets 30 mpg highway and 22 mpg city. I am so glad I didn't waste my money and buy something twice as expensive. If you just want a simple car to haul a small family around and run errands, this is great. I downsized from a Taurus wagon and it is like losing 20 pounds.

Huge, versatile cargo area, easy controls. Easy to park. This is a very intelligently designed small car.

None. I love it the way it is.