2003 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
It's OK
By Jason on 06/12/05 05:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car two years ago new. So far I have been pleased with the car but it has had several issues and the dealership was a nightmare to deal with. Right after the warranty ran out I had a $1300.00 air conditioning problem that the dealership ripped me on. There has also been some other repair issues that I feel reflect poor craftsmanship; however I do like the car and I guess for an economy sedan it will do.

A GREAT Car!
By Sara A. on 06/01/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car based on reviews. It had 16,000 miles and was a rental when I got it. I must say, this car is an excellent value for the amount of car you get. I have not had one single problem with anything on or in the car, with the exception of the cigarette lighter leaping out at me when pushed in; strange, but not a huge deal. It is fun to drive, very zippy, and has a huge trunk. The CD player/stereo system are very nice. All in all, buy this car.

My first car!
By Amanda on 05/12/05 16:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got the car a month ago and it's great. It was my first car and my dad and I just decided to go test drive a Ford Focus because I had seen them and liked them a lot. We were "just looking" But we found a 2003 ford Focus SE light green type and packed with power everything. We knew this was the car (we had been just looking for a bit, at least for me). And since my dad couldn't find a scratch on it we got it. I have to say if you are looking for a good realiable first car for your teen I recomend this car!

Very surprised
By moog on 05/09/05 06:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have seen a lot of these around and figured they were lackluster. I was wrong. From the first few miles of my test drive I knew I was hooked. While it is not an exceptionally dynamic sport sedan, the '03 ZTS is a fine compromise between daily driving, luxury, and performance. With leather, 2.3l Duratech, and 27 mpg, I am fully satisfied for my $10k. It drives a lot like Jettas' little sister, not quite as powerful but still sassy! I am sure this vehicle will last longer than I care to keep it.

Great Value
By Penny Lane on 03/24/05 12:08 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a private investigator and I use my vehicle for work. I drive around 30k miles per year so fuel economy and durability are important to me. So far I have 65k miles on the vehicle and it has never been in for repair since the first month I owned it. That issue turned out to be a faulty spark plug. Sometimes I need to drive in alleyways or other rough terrain. I admit I do abuse this poor vehicle but it has taken it all and still is ready to go every morning. I recommend this car for young drivers or anyone needing cheap reliable transport.

Zytec & Automatic
By mj on 03/11/05 13:58 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 1 1/2 years ago and I have been very pleased. I've only gone about 11,000 miles, but have had no problems at all. Very very smooth drive, i.e. good shocks & suspension take the whump out of most smaller bumps. I get between 30-32 mpg on my model with a 50/50 mix of highway and city driving. The passive antitheft is a great feature - without the special radio-enabled key in the ignition, the car won't start. Reduces my worry that the car will be stolen. Very large trunk is nice. Trunk lid does not pop up very high, but a light does appear on the dash so I'm ok with that. Also - when trunk closes there are no giant hinges that eat up trunk space. All in all, a great car.

great economy sedan
By frank fehenbecer on 03/05/05 00:15 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a super reliable vehicle with easy maintenance and a great overall warranty. Has excellent gas mileage as well as being able to transport 5 people with 5 pieces of luggage.

A very good buy
By Joe on 01/11/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm sorry to hear that one person had such a bad engine, but mine has 32,000 reliable miles. I've tested the bumpers twice without a ding at 5-10mph bumps. Very comfortable, even after 7 straight hours behind the wheel. (WOW, no neck aches.) It's got enough pep to get me on the highway. I also like my MP3 CD player that comes standard. Mileage has been disappointing. I had a Contour before with a similar engine and it got 35mpg whereas the Focus gets about 30 mpg. I am pressed to say anything bad about the car.

Pay Now or Pay Later
By Steve on 12/28/04 10:31 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just after 20000 miles, the Rotors and Pads ($325.00) needs to be done. Brake pads are very thin. It is true, you get what you pay for. Focus is lower in cost, but also lower in quality. It is has been told to us that replacing rotors and pads would need to be done yearly on top of the 30000 mile service which tops at 360.00! Give me a brake Ford! I'm searching for Foreign made cars -- better quality!

wow
By bowke28 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

im surprised at how bulletproof this car has been over the last year. my only gripe is that my gas mileage hovers around 23 MPG in all-city driving. but get out on the highway, and it goes to about 34.