2003 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Not a good buy
By stanggirl on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a year ago and within the past year have had nothing but problems. After exactly a year and some days my car would not run b/c the clutch switch went out. Not a good thing for a pretty new car taken well care of.

Focus ZX3
By jbarber on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great car, fun to drive

Love this car
By Smerich on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan w/Zetec (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Focus is the perfect car for my family. Even with the moonroof there is more than enough headroom for everyone in the front or rear seats. I fit well in the passenger seat even with a car seat in the rear. Zetec engine is wonderful, and the ride is exceptional for a small car.

Best Drivering Experience Ever
By markregel on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Power Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has the best road-feel, steering response and handling of any I have driven. The ride is smooth and composed. Just finished riding a new Nissan Sentra, no way would I trade it for my Focus. The ride was harsh and it sits low, like riding in a hole. Build Quality? I find it to be quite good overall. The ride feels solid on any road. Recalls are great ammunition for those that love to trash this car, but does not in itself mean a poor quality car. All I say to buyes who simply choose "Consumer Reports" top model is "Your Loss" and enjoy your Toyota Echo. I can't imagine an intelligent person taking anything they say seriously.

ZX3, Best driving experience
By markregel on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2000 Focus XZ3. This car has the best road-feel and handling of any I have driven. The ride is smooth and composed. Just finished riding a friends new Nissan Sentra. I didn't tell him, but no way would I trade it for my Focus. The ride was harsh and it sits low, like riding in a hole. Build Quality?

Vancouver ZX3 owner
By o1_zx3 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car all-round except the gas mileage which averages 20mp US gallon around town. Im lucky to get 31mp US gallon on the highway. Cheap to maintain. Very reliable up to now. Great service department at the dealer. Looks great. DONT BUY A BLACK CAR IT SHOWS THE DIRT BIG TIME but it looks great when its clean. Stylish, believe it or not the car attracts glances from people saying they like the look of the car. Space, the trunk is HUGE!

Dissapointed in the focus
By joe dirt on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The focus is a reliable car. The only problem is its too small, very stiff ride not to comfortable. I would think with a car of that stature you would get good gas mileage, I dont. I probably get 18 miles to the gallon when on the sticker it said 27, not even close. I cant wait to get ride of this car, I hate the focus

Simply the best
By Shellgal on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus SE Comfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have driven numerous small cars and none compare to this one. Room, ride, handling are outstanding. Have not had any problems at all with this car and would buy another in a second.

happy with my focus
By dreamin on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very happy with my vehicle. It is fun to drive & I get alot of looks when driving down the street.

I love my Ford Focus ZX3
By Ferocus on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had little or no problems with my Focus besides the fact that the seat belts don't return after use...