2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
First Pickup
By Eric Novak on 08/24/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It tows our ski boat like a champ and has always run well for us. Has interior like a large car and bed for the weekend building projects and yard work. We have Lariat with heated seats, moon roof, leather, etc. Still looks brand new with good care. Have gone through 2 sets of tire and brakes with 112,000 miles...which I feel is good and fair. Change oil/filter every 5000 miles, air filter etc. I just had the plugs replaced at 110,000 miles at dealer and although it did not run rough...it runs smooth like new again. Have had transmission fluids changed as manual says and no problems. It is a great truck period.

Great Truck Since Day 1
By cdmorgan76 on 07/14/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had a problem with my King Ranch. I have put 77,000 miles on the truck since I bought it new in March 2001. Overall I have had a great experience. I wish all Ford's were built as well as my King Ranch.

Fantastic vehicle
By fordtestdriver on 06/03/06 21:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. The only thing that has gone wrong in 5 years is the antenna loosened after driving through the car wash. It was repaired under warranty. I purchased an aftermarket engine recalibration package and if I burn premium I get about 3 mpg better and a lot more power with the reprogrammed chip. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

Happy & Satisfied with vehicle
By Jim on 01/31/06 13:15 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to tow a twenty-five foot travel trailer. I pulled it for five years over the Blueridge mountain range, six thousand foot elevation. I now have a twenty-eight foot fifth wheel travel trailer. I use a Super Glider fifth wheel to tow with. I was concerned that its extra weight might be to much but has done a fine job so far. I am within the GVCR for towing but this has not been a problem. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AUTOMATIC LOCKING OF THE DOOR LOCKS. They most always close except the right front passenger side. I have not asked for assistance for the problem and my vehicle will be six years old in May. I have completed every scheduled maintenance check on this vehicle.

This has been a great truck!
By ronjenson on 01/25/06 21:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a problematic 1999 Silverado. It drives great and holds the road well. Turning radius is tight. The 5.4 Triton has more than adequate power to pull a 30' travel trailer. The captains chairs are very comfortable and we like the lumbar supports and adjustable pedals since I am tall and my wife is short. The truck has been relatively trouble-free. In over four years I have only made three repairs outside normal maintenance. This included replacing a rear axle bearing, replacing the IAC valve, and replacing a rear rotor (warped due to heat generated by failing axle bearing). In all these repairs cost me about $400 total. Not bad for four years. I would buy another .

Overall a great truck
By Eric1565 on 01/23/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my truck for 5 years now, and had relatively no problems. Oil change every 3-5k and been through one set of tires (40K, Generals stink!) and now getting ready to buy another set of tires @80K). Performance, well it's a 6 cylinder with a 5 speed, so it is not too bad. Plenty of power for around town driving, have not done much towing of heavy stuff. Had to have the tires aligned at 80K ... not bad. The interior is designed VERY WELL. It is very comfortable, layout is very good. Overall a great truck.

Must have a lemon, interior awful
By thetzel on 01/13/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new, was not sure about getting leather interior, but had to, if I wanted the moon roof. Love the moon roof, hate the leather. Driver's seat started to crack the second year. Now it's got a tiny split up by the driver headrest.The pass.side window quit working,this happened when I took it in because of pass. speaker going in and out.Back sliding window has started to leak. This truck does not get any abuse, husband and I are the only driver's. So no excuse, except interior products were lemons. Don't think we want another Ford F150 truck. We had a 1989 Ranger XLT, bought new,gave to son w/100,000 miles, had very good luck with it. It's still on the road. Not Happy W/this one

Great Truck
By Steve on 11/18/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 56K miles on it in July 2002. It looks good doing everything a full size truck should do. It hauls, pulls and rides as good as anything I've ever owned. It's great on long trips and gets decent gas mileage for a full size package. I added an A.R.E. camper shell to make camping trips more enjoyable (I take a lot of scouting trips with my son and his friends). My truck now has over 90K miles on it and the only problem I'm having is my digital odometer doesn't come on until the truck is warmed up (though it still continues to track mileage). Great truck!

SuperCrew Lariat
By fastlane on 11/10/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used and loaded with every option except power sliding rear window. Quality seems pretty good with the exception of the COP system. I have replaced every coil on the truck and it keeps burning them out. $400 repair at the dealer minimum and this was for 1 coil. Truck has 8. All in all I have been fairly happy with the truck but I wish I would have waited until I found a Dodge Ram Quad Cab with similar options.

Electrical problems
By patrick richardson on 10/04/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although I drive this truck a lot, 1,000 miles per week, it has always been serviced by the selling dealer according to schedule. Major problems. Transmission replaced before 1,000 miles. Differential wore out by 150,000 miles. Constant electrical problems and total incompetence by dealer and Ford, caused replacement of all engine sensors, vehicle computer, parts of the wiring harness and finally replacement of every wiring harness in the truck to correct problem of truck engine constantly shutting down during driving. Internal odometer lights still turn off and on at will. Electrical problems ran from 130,000 to 180,000 while they played with it.