Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Still satisfied after all these years
By atwowheelguy

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new. New transmission at 160,000 miles. 174,000 miles on it now. Front brakes twice and rear brakes once. One electric window motor replaced. Throttle body cleaned twice. Uses a quart of oil every 4,000 miles. Original alternator and water pump still going strong. Interior looks good except for the rubber cover on the brake pedal. No rust. Exterior looks good except the normal parking lot dings after 8 years. Plenty of room for grandchildren and motorcycles. Reasonable gas mileage for such a large, comfortable vehicle. No complaints here.

Lots of comfortable room inside. Bed extender is very handy.

I'm sure the newer models have lots of improvements. I just have no compelling reason yet to sell this one and get a newer one.

Great Truck
By Terry

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this truck over 2 years and it's a great truck. The 5.4 has plenty of power, we pull a 34 ft. camper with it, use it to haul my cars home on a car trailer when they break down, pull our boat, and we use it for hauling everything. The wife likes the adjustable peddles, the captain chairs are very comfortable. It now has 144,000 miles on it and I have no doubt it will go another 144K. We've had no major issues with it. Also like the composite body panels as we live in the north east and they won't rust. Again good truck

Everything about it

Better gas mileage but it's a truck

Not bad if you like rust.
By sebhmb

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck new because we had a family and needed to haul horses too. It performed great! Never any problems but at about 5 years old we noticed the doors were rusting. Since we'd purchased a lifetime rust protection warranty and had it inspected yearly we returned to the dealership who said they had no responsibility and should go to the company who made the rust inhibitor, although we purchased it through Ford. Nope, nobody claimed responsibility. At our car show we spoke with Ford reps and that got some action but they all claimed that after 5 years, they had no responsibility...although the truck only had 45,000 miles and was kept inside - always!

Loved it! Fun to drive, no mechanical problems, hot to look at! Great truck.

Building a door that is not "designed" to trap water in the bottom of the door panel that will cause rusting from the inside out! Even Ford claimed that it was a flaw and needed improvement.

Great Vehicle
By Chris

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the pleasure of owning this vehicle for the past two years and have enjoyed every moment. On top of its performance and reliability I am constantly getting complements on it. Its a great truck and would recommend it to anyone comfortable driving this big of a truck.

Can't hardly complain
By Cameron

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great I have already put over 35000 miles on, and the truck still drives great, at 106k miles. I did replace some coils and an alternator, but for an 8 year old truck, that isn't too bad! The interior is super comfortable, spacious and road noise is very quiet. I have also pulled some heavy loads - I can say the power is still there. I pulled a loaded 7'X12' Trailer, and the only reason I slowed down was to be safe going around corners. The truck is solid on the road, absolutely not squirrelly like other brands I have driven. I hauled grass with my brother in law who drives a Tundra. When we were done, he said he'd never do that to his truck again. Not the case here!

Quite and sturdy on the road, even with large loads. Great vehicle for a vacation with kids in back and luggage in the bed. Cornering ability is better than most large trucks.

Eliminate individual spark plug coils under the hood. That is all I can say here!