2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Nice and affordable

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Escape

XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Nice and affordable
By lou on

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this vehicle for 3 years. I drive a good distance to work so I budgeted in the lease 18000 miles a year. This vehicle was the V6 XLT with tow package. I tow 2 snowmobiles and this fit perfectly. This also only had FWD. Window sticker stated 18-24 mpg. I can say I average 22-23 on combined city and hwy between work. I average 26-27 on the hwy on long trips. Over all I did like the vehicle. It was reliable and did exactly what I wanted. It has been to Canada twice and the only thing I had to do to the vehicle is replace one of the antilock break sensors at around 40K ($200). Ford backs their products. Recently my oil cooler had a leak. Discovered at 48K miles. Ford replaced it 4 free.

Easy to drive. The vehicle is not very long so you can park it easy but the nice thing is you can fold the seats down and carry a nice payload.

Seating material. For some reason the seating material stains easily from plain water or snow. The seating is ok in comfort but the material looks a beat weathered from just some standard use. Typically my seats are brand new looking but these I couldn't keep that way.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review