2008 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Dangerous & Defective Transmis

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Dangerous & Defective Transmission!
By tdd281 on

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first and LAST FORD. Ever. I was so in love with my new spunky Ford Escape, I got all the bells and whistles, paid 24 grand for this model.. I noticed that my car was rusting prematurely...not on on the outside, but the inside as well underneath my seats. In fact the bars that hold my seats to the car are rusting. At 107k miles, my transmission malfunctioned causing my car to shake violently, and accelerate on its own, now I have to buy a new trans at 3 grand. On top of it I could of been seriously hurt, since my car seat is rusting away from the base of the care. FORD DID NOTHING. SO I launched a complaint against them. LAST FORD I EVER BUY. EVER>

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By fordescape14
on 03/31/12 10:23 AM (PDT)

hi - i have same problem. ford tech assured me in the past that it was just my ac. now just below 80K miles, the powertrain throttle failure indicator light came on, brought it to ford and they want 4500 for a new transmission. im sick over this, and i have consistently gone to ford for scheduled maintenance. pls let me know if you were able to get anywhere with your claim. i am calling ford corp on monday. i loved my car, and now i am super disappointed and feel that i was mislead by the dealership and upset there was never a letter from ford corporate about this problem. best of luck and keep me posted if you get anywhere with this.