2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Try and Escape
By KCmade on 06/14/07 08:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The new style 2008 Ford Escape is much more masculine than the past designs. It looks rugged and feels solid, however it clearly is much quieter than the ones in the past. There's plenty of room all around but entry seems about an inch or two too high for my bad knees. I can deal with that because overall, for the most part, this is a winner. Don't give up on Ford yet.

Great little SUV
By Ron L on 05/31/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a smaller vehicle to replace my '96 Ford Windstar without giving up too much storage. The new Escape XLT fit the bill perfect. The new Escape looks tough and does a great job for what I need. I am getting about 25mpg and very pleased with the looks and performance so far. My wife who drives an Accord V6 coupe would not come near the minivan, now I can't keep her out of the Escape, which is OK, since her Honda is a sweet ride! The Escape 4cyl does just fine in this little truck, it won't set any land speed records, but it has no problem merging with traffic and cruising with the pack, while delivering over 24mpg. Overall we are very pleased with our Escape.

An economical, but a big SUV!
By Kane on 05/25/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My old car was a Toyota 4Runner, but hated the gas mileage and pain at the gas stations. So I switched to an Escape. At first, I was worried I might lose lots of the space I had in the 4Runner, but a surprise! My Escape has as big an inside space as my old one. I might be wrong, because my old one was a mid- sized SUV, but at least I feel that way and I'm sure about that. My big dog can fit in easily behind the 2nd row seat along with some groceries without a problem. The engine is very smooth and peppy. The acceleration is a little slow, I think, but heck, I'm not a race car driver, nor do I want to waste gas for quick acceleration.

A Nice Driving Machine
By Mike on 05/25/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't like the old Escape, so as soon as I saw the new Escape, I went to a dealer and test-drove one. It was much much quieter than the old one my brother is driving. Also, I like the front new grille. The price is also very reasonable compared to ridiculously asking price of a RAV4. I cross-shopped with a RAV4 and CRV and found the starting prices are similar, but once I add the same options a Escape has, the Japanese models cost $3K more. The feul economy is what I expected. It just gives me an everyday enjoyment on the road to work and home. I like the curtain bag, too.

Not what I expected
By HelpMeEscapeIt on 05/22/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

'08 Escape XLS AWD is part of company car plan, best option of the 3 choices offered. Have had vehicle for 6 weeks, and just hit 5000 miles. Overall rate vehicle as fair. Unimpressed with engine power, cabin noise and vibration. Driver's seat is horrible, will fatigue you on short trips. Mileage is good (24 mpg on average mainly hwy). Little features missing like auto headlight shutoff, daylight running lights and seatback pockets. Had issue with vehicle starting after sitting for 2 days during first 1500 miles (imagine what might be in store after it gets 50k or more on it). I keep hoping for the best... but this isn't even close.

Fun and Handles Great
By Kat on 05/18/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just picked up the 2008 Ford Escape 4WD with the V6. I love this SUV. The handling and comfort is great with the leather interior. I wish it had more HP, but with all the interior cargo space and room in that little truck, I can't complain. Great value for the money. Fun to drive and I can really zip around, turns on a dime. Can't wait until winter.

The Best Compact SUV So Far
By Bob Crane on 05/14/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a Honda CRV but didn't like the driving. So, I checked out Ford Escape and loved it during the test drive. The driving was completely different from my old CRV. I felt I was so miserable driving the CRV. Now I'm more than happy with my Escape. The fuel economy is as good as CRV. I don't know why people say Japanese cars have better fuel economy than domestics. The fit and finish is awesome, too. I'm 6'2", but still snug enough in my Escape. Oh, by the way, it's much much quieter than the old CRV, and even my friend's new CRV or RAV4 I've driven. My friends envy me and tells me as soon as their CRV, RAV4 lease expires, they buy Escape

Best SUV I've ever owned!
By Mike on 05/14/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been driving my Escape for about 3 months and I can tell you this. This is the best buy with your money. This is the true money saver. Very quiet interior and the fit and finish is second to none. My kids like the cool exterior design, although I don't like the grille much, but overall it's a strong SUV with a very good feul economy and cargo space. The new instrument panel over the old model is greatly improved and the price is virtually unchanged. The driving is so much fun between my work and home. I should have bought this earlier. Ford seems to find out what customers really want except 5 speed auto.

2008 Ford Escape XLT
By David on 05/14/07 06:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Opted for the Escape over the RAV4 based on exterior design - looks more SUV like and handsome. Although the RAV4 has a stronger engine and better gas mileage. Always been a fan of Ford. First domestic I have bought in some years, let's see if the brand has improved.

I Love the 2008 Escape
By Mike on 05/11/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at several other Ford options including the Edge and opted for the 2008 Escape because of the overall lighter vehicle weight and somewhat smaller duratec 4 valve engine. This CUV is really excellent. Great new IP and we have the Sun and Sound package with satellite radio and a plug-in for my iPod. It is awesome. There is loads of places to put things with the Rear Cargo Convenience package. The center console has a drop-in insert that holds audio/cell phone stuff. When you remove this insert you can put lesser used items in the space just below the insert. Maps fit very well in map pockets. It handles very well and has RSC, roll stability standard.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.