Used 2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great Car!
By Sarah

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely LOVE my new Ford Escape. I've had it for about 6 months now, and I love it just as much today as the first day I bought it. The design is so gorgeous inside and out. The V6 has a lot of get up. It's extremely comfortable. I see other Escapes on the road and smile because it really is a GREAT looking car. Everyone who rides in it is surprised by how nice it really is. In fact, a friend of mine went out and bought one last week. I definitely recommend this to everyone.

The sound system is great! The Sun roof, Comfortable ride, the look, AND the key pad on the door for if I lock my keys in the car...THAT is wonderful!

I love my ESCAPE!!!
By Fernando, Canada

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my ESCAPE in 08/2008 and I simply love this vehicle. For a V6, fuel economy is great. I have the FWD version and it is great in the snow. So far the only issue I've noticed is that sometimes the temperature indicator switches C to F, but you can correct it manually, no big deal.

Security, size, fuel economy, exterior design, sound system, cargo space.

Worse MPG than my '97 Explorer!
By ShadowVFX

2008 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My family and I have owned Ford vehicles for over a decade now and all of us have been pleased with our vehicles. Recently, when it was time for me to purchase a new car, I looked to the Ford Escapes to replace my beloved '97 Ford Explorer. I ended up purchasing a 4 cylinder '08 Escape and I must say, I have not been impressed with it. I bought this car as a fuel-efficient replacement to my '97 Explorer. What I found was that my new '08 Escape actually less fuel efficient than my older Explorer, which was made over a decade earlier. I was so impressed with my '97 Explorer that it blinded me into a brand loyalty towards Ford. But now after buying this new, smaller,

Built-in MP3 CD player.

I'm 6'7" and I'm sick of cars skimping on the leg room. In vehicles of this size, the ability to move the seat back another 3" should be no-brainer and would make it a perfect fit for a tall guy like me.

Great small SUV
By JCDerrick

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We do a lot of landscaping around the house so we purchased this SUV primarily to provide us a way to move larger materials around that wouldn't fit in a regular car. For that task it's a great vehicle, the fold down seats in the back (though a multi-step process) provide a lot of space that allows storage/transport of most anything. We were so impressed with the quality of the Limited package we've also used the car as our primary vehicle to drive to and from work. We've leased this vehicle, and I suspect we'll keep with the Escape next year when the lease is up. Initially we favored the fuel economy of the 4-cylinder, but after test driving both I was sold on the V6's extra power.

Leather seats, seat warmers, reverse warning system, interior and exterior design, cargo space, and the moonroof.

Have had some unusual issues with the air conditioning (comes on full blast randomly), and the brakes do take a very long time to stop the vehicle. Ride feels a bit stiff, you can literally feel every crack in the road. Fuel economy on V6 leaves much to be desired.

2008 Certfied Used Escape
By Mustang Shar

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine 2 months ago as a daily driver so my Mustang can stay in the garage. The second day I had it, the Chicago winter turned extreme for the next 6 weeks. Ice storms, snow falls averaging 3-5" 3 days a week, -40 degree wind chill and this little SUV was a pleasure to drive. This car is outdoors and it started with no problem when we dropped way below zero and the 2WD handled the snow. I was worried buying a used car with 20K on it and no history, but the car is made well and I had no problems. I love my little Escape. I would not have made it to work on many of those days in my Mustang.

Easy to drive, comfy leather seats, nicely laid out dash board.

• SUV