2008 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Escape
By coolcall on 11/13/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am overall extremely impressed with this vehicle. I purchased it with every available option from ford and am not dissappointed at all. The GPS is amazing totally recommend, Easier to use than Mercedes'non-touch interface. I have driven nearly 3500 miles and average around 20 MPG with the 6 Cyl. The only gripe that i have is with the Cruise control, it average at least 2 Mpg less when it is on and varies greatly in speed up to 5-10 miles per hour. Other than that i love my espcape and personally believe that if Ford keeps up with producing vehicles to this build quality and overall solid feel, while still appeasing to luxury tastes they will be fine.

Perfect for people who don't race
By Nikhil on 11/05/07 08:13 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior is very slick with good utilities. Smooth ride. It is a family car with higher importance to safety rather than speed. Not to be used for street light racing. Fuel economy - 25 MPG which is not very good as compared to foreign models. Price - compitative to most foreign cars and almost $5,000 less than a CR-V

08 Escape awd 4cy
By sjl on 10/31/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Escape a few weeks now, love it, drove everything (rogue, outlander,outback,compass etc.), happy with my choice. I'm getting about 24 mpg on hilly terrain, no hwy, with the AWD that I can't live without where I am. Replaced an Outback, this little suv is perfect. I love the camel interior, much nicer than the stone. The 4cy. is pretty nice after you get used to the tranny, it shifts funny until you develop a nack of driving it. There isn't a need for the 6cy. Never thought I'd go back to a Ford but my husband's new Ford diesel is so nice that it made me take a look at the Escape, very glad I did. It is suprisingly roomy inside and the whole interior layout is very nice.

Very Happy with Escape Purchase
By kathyam157 on 10/19/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a small SUV that had a decent amt of cargo capacity, excellent safety features, good reliability, 4wd,leather, satellite radio, moonroof, and of course I had to like the comfort, looks and performance. I also wanted one made in USA, but didn't want to pay more than 25K. I have found all of that and more in my 2008 Escape! Also pleased with gas mileage-20mpg combined. Very satisfied with my purchase, and would definitely choose it again.

Best one yet
By rclvnv on 10/09/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I continue to be impressed with the look and feel of quality I percieve in this vehicle.I drove both the 4cyl and the 6 cyl, and frankly didn't see that the difference in power was significant enough to justify the extra price or lower mpg of the 6 cyl.The interior, a camel color is very well done, and I like the Light Sage Clearcoat color of the paint, as well.I live in a hot climate, so light colors are best, but I was very tired of white, the green is a welcome change. The car is very quiet, so far.

Wow
By john on 10/08/07 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The MPG in the city are great. 26 in the city and 32 on the highway! I am glad that I did not wait for a hybrid to come in and bought a 4cyl insted!

08 Escape Saved My Life
By alive2talkaboutit on 09/02/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Too quick to know exactly what happened, but I wrapped my brand new Escape around an electric pole this week and am here to talk about it. '08 handled my 52 MPH head on like a champ! ROLL BAR: In tact. AIRBAGS: Deployed & deflated quickly. NOT TRAPPED: rear glass popped open giving me a quick escape route from the fire. WINDSHIELD: Didn't shatter. Just a little crack in the corner. INTERIOR: Still looked like new! Not even a little mark in the leather, Impact did not send the motor in to the body cavity (or my legs). ME? Didn't have jewelry on, I would not have had a mark on me! This was not only a pleasure to drive and look at, it was a damn good car! I will buy another.

2008 Ford Escape
By TC on 08/26/07 13:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Ford Escape. Had a 2006 Hybrid and traded it in because of high miles put on it. More interstate driving than I anticipated. I loved the hybrid. Have v6 now and love it. Easy to drive and park. New design with reduction of wind noise is another reason I traded. If I had the extra money I would have bought another hybrid when purchasing a 2008 model.

08 Escape Thoughts
By nrwilliams on 08/22/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I was waiting for a hybrid Escape but was not able to recieve it until maybe December which would have been 6 months. So I decided to get the 4cyl, 2wd and it has been great. The average mileage all around has been 24mpg. The noise level is also a lot less then the original model. The 4cyl is plenty of horsepower for the car considering the V6 isn't that much more.

Good Ride
By Jamie Karakas on 08/21/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2006 Ford Escape for the 2008 Ford Escape, need I say more? Awesome vehicle. New body style, gas mileage, chrome, interior/exterior design, etc.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.