Saved My Bacon!
By rmaddox on
2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased a used Escape just two months ago, so this won't have a lot of detail. However, it probably saved me from serious injury a few days ago. I was struck while legally crossing an intersection by a man who ran his red light. His Chevy Cavalier was totaled and he hit me on almost directly on my passenger wheel. My entire front has been shifted over and most likely will be totaled out by my insurance. However, from the dash back, it looks completely fine. I sustained a whiplash injury, but very little else. Had I been in my old car, a sporty small coupe, I believe I would have had many more injuries.
Favorite Features
Safety! Liked the large amount of cargo room. Also appreciated being in a larger vehicle that still drove reasonably well.
Suggested Improvements
Back window creaked when going over bumps. AWD has to have all tires replaced at the same time. (Good to know.) Road noise pronounced on hwy. Wished the AC functioned a little differently. Not sure about fuel economy. Cushion fabric stains BADLY! Ford needs to fix that.