2006 Ford Escape Consumer Review: EXCELLENT SUV

2006 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

EXCELLENT SUV
By Sean Sudduth on

2006 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a dream come true. No problems at all. I just changed out the front disk brakes at 60,000 miles, although still they had plenty of miles left. I expect the Continetal tires to reach 75,000 miles. Engine runs like a champ. 5w20 synthetic all year round. Great acceleration on a 4 cyl. I think that ford could design a quite engine technology, that would be nice. The car gets awesome gas mileage, way above the EPA estimated 21 city / 26 hwy. Nice stereo system, Audiophile 300 w/ 10" sub in rear, all stock. I will purchase my next car from FORD Motor Company.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, 21-22 in the City and 26- 33 MPG on the highway. I could not beleive this myself! I drove the speed limit, 55 mph full tank to empty check mpg and I got 33.42. I so badly wanted to round that up!

Suggested Improvements

The back seating area is a little uncomfortable, it would be nicer if there was a arm rest and the seat backs could recline or adjust. I think there is more than anticipated engine noise, would be nice if ford would design a quite engine technology. THIS IS A GREAT SUV, KUDOS TO YOU FORD!